Need some scene / channel help!

guitarcal

Inspired
All,

I currently have a few patches with 5 or 6 scenes, all use the same delay set to dotted 8th which is in channel 1.
Some songs we play require I set the delay to a straight 8th timing which is in channel 2. In a live moment, is there a quick way to apply this to all scenes? I can manually change the delay to channel 2, but obviously when I select a new scene, it reverts back to channel 1.

My goal is to use the same 5 or 6 scene configurations and change the delay from dotted 8th (channel 1) to straight 8th (channel 2).

Does this make sense?

Thanks!

Assign a modifier to delay "tempo" parameter using FracPad (I don't think Axe-Edit can do this) with 8th/dot8th as min/max. If using FC control switch also make sure it's set to maintain current state in each scene. No need to use multiple delay channels unless you want other delay parameters to change between scenes.

Assign a modifier to delay "tempo" parameter using FracPad (I don't think Axe-Edit can do this) with 8th/dot8th as min/max. If using FC control switch also make sure it's set to maintain current state in each scene. No need to use multiple delay channels unless you want other delay parameters to change between scenes.

Thanks, I'll give this a try. Yes, the delay parameters will remain the same and I am using a FC controller so will confirm its set to maintain current state in each scene.

I've not used FracPad, but will download this evening. I'm assuming its possible to add the modifier within the axe fx itself?

Is there a guide you can point me to on how to set this up? I've worked with modifiers before, but I think I am missing something...

Did you run FracPad and locate the delay tempo parameter? It should be possible to right-click it and assign a modifier. If it's showing numbers only for min/max you can just choose a source then access the modifier w/ Axe-Edit or front panel which will show the actual note values. (That's assuming this all works like on the Axe-FX II.)

Did you run FracPad and locate the delay tempo parameter? It should be possible to right-click it and assign a modifier. If it's showing numbers only for min/max you can just choose a source then access the modifier w/ Axe-Edit or front panel which will show the actual note values. (That's assuming this all works like on the Axe-FX II.)

Looks like the "Create Modifier" option is greyed out when I right click the word "Tempo". Im attaching a screenshot below.Screen Shot 2019-01-30 at 8.39.49 PM.png

Maybe the Axe III doesn't allow the modifier to work. You could see what happens converting this Axe II preset. If no luck with FracPad, try Fractool as well.

Attachments

• Delay tempo modifier.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 2
Maybe the Axe III doesn't allow the modifier to work. You could see what happens converting this Axe II preset. If no luck with FracPad, try Fractool as well.

Thanks for the help, but these third party tools did not work.

Any other suggestions for this?

Thanks for the help, but these third party tools did not work.

Any other suggestions for this?
For lack of a better solution, you could just have 2 presets. One with dotted eights and one with straight eights. Kind of a PITA but would work.

What you could do is to assign an external controller as a modifier for that delay parameter. That has nothing to do with scenes or channels.
You can only assign parameters there, it is not meant to change scenes or channels.

When you send a value to an external controller it will keep it until you send a different value or turn the Axe-Fx all off. Going to a different scene or preset will not touch the value. So that would do the trick for you.

Setup: You need to set up a midi cc number or one of the two pedals (pedal 1/2 on the axe-fx) for the ext ctrl in the ctrl menu. Let's say you want to use ext ctrl #1 with pedal 1. Assign it it in the ctrl menu.

In the delay block hit enter on the parameter to open the modifier menu and set the ext ctrl #1 as source.

Use: A latching switch or a pedal on pedal input 1.

What you could do is to assign an external controller as a modifier for that delay parameter.

That's what I meant above, but the problem is that the "tempo" parameter doesn't seem to allow modifiers on the Axe III.

An alternative is to use dual delay set for the two note values, then control Level L and Level R oppositely.

Controlling balance before the delay block could give slightly nicer transitions if you want to switch delay times while delay is active.

That's what I meant above, but the problem is that the "tempo" parameter doesn't seem to allow modifiers on the Axe III.

It sounded similar, but wanted to confirm tonight when I got home.

Maybe this can be a feature request on the wish list? If most other params allow for modifiers, I wonder why tempo wasn’t included?

Ok, when tempo isn't assignable then another trick is to programm two blocks with the wanted settings, put them in parallel order and set bypass mode to mute on both, so you listen to block 1 or 2 only without leakage of dry sound from the inactive block.
Then assign the same external controller to the bypass state of both blocks, but one blocks bypass gets programmed the other way round, so when 1 goes on 2 turns off and vice-versa. You can get that by inverting the target (change on/off) or the curve of the source (min value 100, max value 0).

Whenever you call up such a preset one block is already on and the other off right from the start with no hickups. That's because of the external controller, it's already loaded with a value when you enter that preset and it don't needs another sync signal from a footboard or alike. The on-off states of the blocks do only react on changes from the ext ctrl then. What you prorammed in a scene or preset don't matters. So you can step through your scenes without changing the effect.

Ok, when tempo isn't assignable then another trick is to programm two blocks with the wanted settings, put them in parallel order and set bypass mode to mute on both, so you listen to block 1 or 2 only without leakage of dry sound from the inactive block.
Then assign the same external controller to the bypass state of both blocks, but one blocks bypass gets programmed the other way round, so when 1 goes on 2 turns off and vice-versa. You can get that by inverting the target (change on/off) or the curve of the source (min value 100, max value 0).

This almost works, I set up with control switch 1 firing from the FC controller. It changes between the two delays with the min / max value.

The problem is when I change scenes, it reverts back to the saved scene state. Is there something else I need to configure? I think you mentioned a “maintain scene state” setting or something?

The problem is when I change scenes, it reverts back to the saved scene state. Is there something else I need to configure? I think you mentioned a “maintain scene state” setting or something?

Nevermind, figured it out, you can set to maintain last value of the control switch under Controllers -> CS per Scene in Axe Edit.

Thanks for all your help! Hoping maybe we can add the tempo to the modifier list to free up some more cpu now.

This almost works, I set up with control switch 1 firing from the FC controller. It changes between the two delays with the min / max value.

You need to use one of the 16 external controllers controllers. They keep their value over scene changes and preset changes.

I don't have an FC yet and can't recall if it's possible with the FCs. I guess you can assign an FCs switch as source for the ext ctrl? That gets done somewhere in a global midi menu of the III and defines the ext ctrl globally for the whole unit.

Then define this ext ctrl as source in the III's blocks modifier menu. That gets done individual in the effect blocks. Hit enter on the bypass parameter of the block to enter it's modifier menu.

Back
Top Bottom