Need Some Rotary Speaker Settings Help.

bshaw92

Experienced
I'm messing around with the block but there are more variables than I normally see on a typical pedal. I'm trying to get an SRV and other various rotary sounds. I need a little direction on some settings. I've adjusted a few variables but can't quite get there. Any advice?

I connect an exp pedal to the speed with some damping that lets it ramp up/down gradually like a real leslie. I like the pedal for setting speed rather fast or slow with a control switch. I also run it in parallel so it doesn't take over the entire sound.

This post actually got me itching for some new modulation sounds this week... Preset Attached.

TwoRock35 w/ Boutique 2x12s (Think I use Zilla Creambacks on my version)

It started with the Binson EchoRec. That delay came from the @simeon collection
Then I found a post from @Admin M@ using a Flanger block for a really nice Flint Tremolo.
Lastly @iaresee posted settings for a Saw-Down Tremolo.
Both Tremolos are set up with CS1 controlling slow/fast rates.

Loving these sounds with humbuckers. But also really special in the 2 & 4 positions on my G&L Strat. Roll back on the volume and enjoy!

Attachments

• TStone Saw-Flint-Echo.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 23
@ELC sounds throaty and wet. Cool sounds. As an FYI: if you're using the same IR in both slots and not doing anything different to one of the slots, you can just roll with a normal CAB block. No need to use a stereo CAB block setup there.

@ELC sounds throaty and wet. Cool sounds. As an FYI: if you're using the same IR in both slots and not doing anything different to one of the slots, you can just roll with a normal CAB block. No need to use a stereo CAB block setup there.

This keeps the audio from collapsing to mono... so it is still a viable technique in the cases where collapsing to mono was undesirable?

Full disclosure, I only say this because I raised the same point as you on someone else's preset :)

This keeps the audio from collapsing to mono... so it is still a viable technique in the cases where collapsing to mono was undesirable?
Yes. The cab has to be in a stereo mode if you want to preserve an incoming stereo signal.

Full disclosure, I only say this because I raised the same point as you on someone else's preset :)
There's no collapse if everything before the CAB block is mono. In this case, that is true.

btw - you don't need to use damping where the pedal is attached to speed, because the rotary has it's own ramp speed controls.

btw - you don't need to use damping where the pedal is attached to speed, because the rotary has it's own ramp speed controls.

Hey Simeon,

Thanks for the note. And all your badass delay settings!
I felt like the damping was slowing/smoothing the CS1 Change??? No actual Roto block. Just Flanger and Tremolo.

Also, you might be able to answer re: Stereo vs mono discussion above...
As I understand it, as long as you don't run a stereo effect into a mono only block, stereo will be represented.
How does this interact with parallel effect??

I feel like I get the best modulation sounds with stereo cabs and mostly parallel 100% wet routings.
A single ultra-res cab running into heavy modulation seems to end up flat sometimes.
I usually pan the Cabs hard L-R and maybe add .05ms of delay to one side

I feel like I get the best modulation sounds with stereo cabs and mostly parallel 100% wet routings.
A single ultra-res cab running into heavy modulation seems to end up flat sometimes.
I usually pan the Cabs hard L-R and maybe add .05ms of delay to one side
If you're delaying one cab then you're introducing comb filtering and Haas delay effects which would explain why you think that sounds wider in a stereo field.

re: Stereo vs mono discussion above...
As I understand it, as long as you don't run a stereo effect into a mono only block, stereo will be represented.
How does this interact with parallel effect??
There is no interference between stereo and parallel effects. If you have a stereo signal, nixing in a parallel signal son't collapse things to mono.

Back
Top Bottom