need some opinions about few schecter and ltd models

Tonewicker

Inspired
first of all hello there!
im planning to buy a new guitar (and i think im gonna buy used) and there are few models that im interested but havent get to chance to try it (because local store is out of stock of these models atm) so i wonder if you guys have any experience about these models:

schecter blackjack atx c1 fr
schecter km6 (not the mk2 one )
LTD lmh-327 fmst

or any other model that you can suggest

I didn't realize they made anything with 27 frets- awesome
At the right price- I think the best value would be the first schecter...

Something that would make me say the LTD is better is that schecter tend to have finished necks which i don't like (the back) - however that ESP does have a finished neck- so it's all the same- and you only get the matte finish or quality less shiny neck finish on the higher end ESP standards not LTD- (although plenty of ltd's have natural necks)

If you're looking used- i think the best value in this range would be an Ibanez Prestige

I dont own the mentioned models but do have a Banshee quilted maple top 6 strings with a fixed bridge and S.D pickups.
I bought it as I wanted a fixed bridge guitar for all the on the fly alternate tunings.
I must say it does have alot to give vs. the price I payed, I use it often in many situations, its solid, very comfortable and has great sound for many styles.
Highly recomand the Schecter guitats.

I had a Schecter Diamond Series C-1 with a Floyd on it - one of the best guitars that I've ever had and would buy another Schecter in heartbeat. Floyd stayed in tune all the time with some pretty heavy usage. Only got rid of it because I just wanted to be away from a floating bridge but that was just a personal choice - as far as a guitar though, it rocked and I think I only paid like $499 for it at Guitar Center at the time, so I was surprised at how it was.

Schecter, hands down. Definitely best bang for the buck. That said, the LTD's and non-USA model Schecters are made in the same factory, so it's really all about the name on the headstock (if you really care, that is).

I'm a Floyd guy, so I'd go for the SLS C1FR, but if you're a hardtail guy, the KM6 is a damn fine guitar.

GuitarWallTopRow.jpg

Schecter, hands down. Definitely best bang for the buck. That said, the LTD's and non-USA model Schecters are made in the same factory, so it's really all about the name on the headstock (if you really care, that is).

I'm a Floyd guy, so I'd go for the SLS C1FR, but if you're a hardtail guy, the KM6 is a damn fine guitar.

View attachment 39820
are you sure they are from the same factory ? because ltd is made from Indonesia while shecter is south korea. i found a used ltd mh 327 today and got the chance to try it :) its nice but i really didnt like the fretboard.
so i think im gonna go for shecter so how is floyd rose 1000 ? does it stay in tune well ?

Ah, well...they both have factories in S Korea and Indonesia, with the latter being the cheaper quality models. I just assumed they were all from the same factory. Schecter also has its USA Custom Shop that produces guitars on the same level as PRS, Gibby, etc, (some at similar prices points, some a little more affordable). All of the ones I have are from SK, which are considered their mid-grade guitars. They work for my needs. =)

My Banshee Elite 7 FR/S has the 1000 model Floyd and it's better than the Floyds on my other Schecters (not that there is anything wrong with them). I like it a LOT. I had an original Floyd on an old '84 Kramer Pacer Imperial, and this 1000 series actually feels more stable and stays in tune very well.

FYI, I used to have an LTD MH-407. Not sure how it would compare to the 327 you found, but I really didn't like it at all. Felt like it was made from balsa wood, and they used a cheapy model Floyd (which pissed me off since it was an ~$800 guitar at the time) that was made from VERY soft metal. Every time I changed strings I'd strip out a screw somewhere. That thing ended up being frankensteined with parts from Lowes just to hold the trem together. LOL

Last edited:
Ah, well...they both have factories in S Korea and Indonesia, with the latter being the cheaper quality models. I just assumed they were all from the same factory. Schecter also has its USA Custom Shop that produces guitars on the same level as PRS, Gibby, etc, (some at similar prices points, some a little more affordable). All of the ones I have are from SK, which are considered their mid-grade guitars. They work for my needs. =)

My Banshee Elite 7 FR/S has the 1000 model Floyd and it's better than the Floyds on my other Schecters (not that there is anything wrong with them). I like it a LOT. I had an original Floyd on an old '84 Kramer Pacer Imperial, and this 1000 series actually feels more stable and stays in tune very well.

FYI, I used to have an LTD MH-407. Not sure how it would compare to the 327 you found, but I really didn't like it at all. Felt like it was made from balsa wood, and they used a cheapy model Floyd (which pissed me off since it was an ~$800 guitar at the time) that was made from VERY soft metal. Every time I changed strings I'd strip out a screw somewhere. That thing ended up being frankensteined with parts from Lowes just to hold the trem together. LOL
yeah that the same reason i didnt like the ltd. the fretboard wood feels really weird to me.
have you tried schecter 40th anniversary c-1 ?
i tried that again today and it play really nice

I dare not, else I would be infected with GAS again and have to buy it. LOL

You should join the Schecter facebook group. Michael Ciravolo (Pres of Schecter Guitar Research) is an active member there. Cool guy.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/116661775053724/
hahHa yeah i know that feeling :)
btw today i finally found a blackjack sls fr tried it and love it and also it was on discount for 515 bucks so tomorrow im going to pull the trigger!
one thing i want to ask is floyd 1000 model antirust ? have you experinced any rust etc.. on your bridge?

I own three Schecters including a KM6 MKII, a KM7 MKII, and a 2005 C1 BlackJack.

I love the KM models and those two guitars are very special to me. The necks are great, the compensated nut makes chords sound in-tune up and down the neck, the controls are almost exactly how I'd like them, the body is super comfortable (and the tops are beautiful), the stainless steel frets are great (I'm never going back!), they're pretty light guitars, and they both resonate really well. I really don't have any complaints except I did have to have the electronics changed on the 7 string since they crapped out on me. But it was under warranty and my guitar shop fixed it up with no problems.

I kept the Seymour Duncan Nazgul/Sentient set in the 7 string, but had Devin Townsend's Fishman Fluence set put in the 6 string making it the single most diverse instrument I own. The three different voices are perfect for what I play -- it really does feel like having three guitars in one.

So yeah, I'm a fan.

Back
Top Bottom