Need some monitors that sound good with AX-8 and computer music.

trouw2112

I started off with KRK 6s that sounded decent playing MP3s through my computer, but didn't do the AX8 justice. I moved on to Yamaha HS-7s that were much better for the AX-8, but are too clinical/sterile sounding for MP3 use. I understand that I am asking a studio monitor that is supposed to sound flat also sound flattering like home speakers. Looking for a happy medium I guess. Any ideas?? Thanks

I'm very fine with a couple of Adam A7x... I know that are they are alse these a "Studio Monitors", but I like them so much also for classic itunes listening. The silk tweteer make the high end very sweet with any kind of use imho.
With AXE FX they are simple stunning and obviously also for mixing purpose that are born for.

There is a surprising amount of difference between the HS-7 and the HS-8 models. I might suggest a pair of HS-8's, to me it is the best of both worlds.

ATC SCM 50 SL Pro will do the trick for sure.
Might be a bit on the expensive side for your use scenario though.

In a lower budget range I hear (haven't tried them yet myself) great things about the Dynaudio Lyd 8 monitors

I second the Adam A7x’s. The stereo image is fantastic, super clear mids and highs. You can get packages from ProAudioStar that include stands, isolation pads, and cables for the same price as two monitors at GC or other retailers. I caught them during a rebate period for Adam and ended up with both monitors and all the equipment for about $1350, free shipping, no tax!

I would seriously look at their T7’s if your budget is a little lower. You still get the ribbon tweeter at a much lower price point. The reviews I’ve seen so far have been very complimentary as well.

I have been using Dynaudio Bm6a's for my monitors for years and they sound great with my AX8. Not sure if they're still available but if you see any second hand they're highly recommended.

Back
Top Bottom