1. Recent events require us to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

Need some monitors that sound good with AX-8 and computer music.

Discussion in 'Rigs and Routing' started by trouw2112, May 9, 2018.

1. trouw2112

trouw2112
    Expand Collapse
    Apprentice

I started off with KRK 6s that sounded decent playing MP3s through my computer, but didn't do the AX8 justice. I moved on to Yamaha HS-7s that were much better for the AX-8, but are too clinical/sterile sounding for MP3 use. I understand that I am asking a studio monitor that is supposed to sound flat also sound flattering like home speakers. Looking for a happy medium I guess. Any ideas?? Thanks

2. dav9rock

dav9rock
    Expand Collapse
    Apprentice

I'm very fine with a couple of Adam A7x... I know that are they are alse these a "Studio Monitors", but I like them so much also for classic itunes listening. The silk tweteer make the high end very sweet with any kind of use imho.
    With AXE FX they are simple stunning and obviously also for mixing purpose that are born for.