Need some MIDI help

Pauly 6 String

Inspired
Hello all. I am a few days in to playing with new AX8. Coming from an Ultra so have some experience with these boxes.

I am trying to get the AX8 to receive PC’s from On Song. I have an iPad > iConnectMIDI2 > USB hub > AX8

Main Stage is receiving PC’s from OnSong so I know that something’s working. Also I use the Macs MIDI setup and test the connection of the AX8 using USB and see a MIDI In light on the front panel. I disconnected the USB and used a DIN connection from the iConnect to the AX8 and it sent MIDI to the AX8 as well.

When I program OnSong to send CC 0 Val 1 PC 2 for bank 18:3 nothing happens. I have it setup using channel 6. I’ve also tried a message in Bank 1 and nothing.

What am I missing? First time using bank messages. Newbie mistake?

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Looking at the manual, you need to send 1,10 to get to preset 18:3. 1,2 gets you to 17:3. But that's probably of no consequence since it's not changing to anything at all. assume you've configured the ax8 to be using Channel 6? Probably a no duh for you but it has to be asked.

The AX8 is configured for the proper channel. When OnSong sends the PC the AX8 MIDI light doesn’t show any activity. When I test the MIDI message MainStage MIDI monitor shows the proper message.

Back
Top Bottom