Need some input from you guys.

What do you want?

• Total voters
I’d like to see both. A York Audio 4x12 and 2x12 with V30s would be awesome, as would a Marshall 4x12 with V30s. I’d also love to see a York 4x12 with greenbacks, a Diezel and a Zilla 4x12.
Once we nail down the final York 2x12, we’ll go through the same process with a 4x12 design. There’s something about this Golden 2x12 though. I like playing through it more than the three 4x12’s I compared it to in the room. I also just got a Zilla 4x12 a couple days ago, but it needs to be played in quite a bit before it’s ready to be captured.

While I would buy every single speaker on earth put on a Mesa OS 4x12 xDDD...
Your track record is impeccable so if you say that after testing XXX speaker it sounds "best" (as subjective as that adjective could be) in a Marshall, Zilla or your own York audio cabs I will 100% trust you.

Also, the combination of a proprietary cab design + cool speakers (weird, vintage, pre-rola, etc) sets you apart from the competition.

Without naming names, there's one competitor that has many cabs based on the same physical cabinet with different speakers because he thinks
it's the best sounding one he has (and I bet my beard they are by far his best-selling ones...)

I mean, not trying to be an ass-kisser, but every single one of your packs sounds amazing, and you possibly have the most amazing sounding but still "simple/one track/no processing" demo clips out there.
And you could possibly be the most active IR developer on forums, and you REALLY listen to your customers
(you bought the friedman mic clip and the hesu demon speakers just because I mentioned they would be cool, and I'm still so impressed about it that yours are the first IR packs I recommend to anyone)

My brain tells me that I want a V30 in an "old" Mesa OS cab and a greenback in a 60s/70s marshall but the only thing that matters
is how the final product sounds.

I mean, if you put out a v30 pack in your york audio cabs, I would still buy it even if I already have your mesa pack xD

People would be shocked at how one of the most famous impulses ever out there (S-pres-high) was recorded (equipment and recording conditions) and that impulse is on hundreds if not thousands of metal records for many years and used by top tier rock/metal mixers in the industry.

Celestion plus uses "nameless" cabs, but their packs sound meh at best...
Eminence for some godforsaken reason shoot all their packs in a 3rd Power 112 cab switchback cabinet with a partially open back...and its sad how laughably bad their demo sound clips sound.

as a last resort you could always take a test shot and make the public (or better still...beta testers whose ears your trust) decide in a blind shootout....

TL;DR...Trust your gut (or ears in this case)
Thanks for the encouragement! I just got a couple 25w pre-Rola Greenbacks that I’m dying to shoot! So far, every speaker has sounded great in the Golden 2x12, but I still want to offer variety and see what’s the most important to you guys. These answers have been really helpful.

Also, more combo cabs. Everyone seems to focus on the 4x12s, and ignore many of the combo amps....
More combo cabs are coming, and to be fair, the last three packs have been non-4x12’s (two 2x12’s and a 1x10). For open back stuff, I still need to capture the other ‘94 AC30 with Greenbacks, Two-Rock oval back 2x12, and the Vibrolux 2x10.

I really love the WGS ET-65s. I have a few of them in different cab configs. They
convinced me to sell my Creamback 65s. 🥴
I’ve got one of those and need to listen to it again.

This! So much this.

I have been really guilty of defaulting to 4 x 12s, assuming that bigger is better. I should know better. ;)

Two things have mostly healed me of this: Trying to make a preset to mimic my Mesa
2 x 12 Trem-O-Vern Combo, and now purchasing the YA 2 x 12 Creamback Pack.
I’ve offered to send Cliff my Tremoverb if he ever wants to capture it. It’s a special one. Last week, I went to a well-known metal producer’s studio to get his take on the YA cabs and brought my ToV with me. He was floored by the cab and LOVED the ToV, which we compared to his holy grail Rev F Dual Rec. They were close in a lot of ways, but I thought the ToV sounded better in the mix.

Thanks for the encouragement! I just got a couple 25w pre-Rola Greenbacks that I’m dying to shoot! So far, every speaker has sounded great in the Golden 2x12,
I want these!! and maybe early V30. I have a pair of original 1969 Greenbacks I need to get a good cab for or possibly sell? I had a THD 2x12 several years ago that sounded great with Greenbacks, shouldn't have sold it.
also built a clone of an early Mesa Boogie halfback 2x12 loaded with a pair of late 80's V30's. Loved it as well.

Last edited:
Can we have both in one cab pack?
Rather than charging more for multiple cabs in a single pack, I prefer keeping the cost low and offering individual cabs so people pay for what they want instead of buying a multi-cab pack for just one speaker or cabinet they’re interested in.
I want these!! and maybe early V30.
I’m sure these speakers will find a home in more than one cabinet. ;)

For open back stuff, I still need to capture the other ‘94 AC30 with Greenbacks, Two-Rock oval back 2x12, and the Vibrolux 2x10.
Looking forward to the Vibrolux, and to hear the Two-Rock. Certain 2x10 cabs really sound huge, with good, solid lows that don't rumble with the bass guitar, and IIRC, the Vibrolux 2x10 was one. My wide-body Weber 2x10 X-Cab with AlNiCo 10V speakers is another. Solid, full lows, but not extended so deep as to fight the bass guitar. Bloody marvelous sounding cab, that....

Once we nail down the final York 2x12, we’ll go through the same process with a 4x12 design. There’s something about this Golden 2x12 though. I like playing through it more than the three 4x12’s I compared it to in the room.
quite often I preferred mic'ed 2x12s over 4x12s. studio or live. there's just something about 2x12s that works better as soon as you put a mic on front of it composted to 4x12s. or maybe it's just my taste :) .

This is a very tough vote because my favorite packs are the DV77, M65 Cream, and Bogner. It’s also a lot of fun pairing all of the other packs with their usually associated amps. I’m loving all of it! If you add an option “C” for both, I bet that would be the most popular pick. Sorry, I know this isn’t helpful.

For me personally I am caught in between both. First and foremost I trust your ears more than mine when it comes to what speakers will sound best in what cabs…

I would really like to see some more small combo amps of brand names or rare brands. This may not be popular opinion but I’m not sure we need anymore Mesa/Marshall 4x12s… I have all your packs and I love them (pretty much switched over to York Audio impulses exclusively) but the market is just flooded with them and yours are already top notch.

Besides maybe a Diezel cab or something I think for the heavier sounds I would love to see more York Audio cabs with popular speakers you’ve already used, new ones or mixes for something different that the IR market doesn’t have.

in the end I’ll most likely buy whatever you come out with anyway 😂

Do your thing Justin.
I love all your cab packs. If you can create something unique , then do exactly that.
Forward thinking / breaking new ground.

Back
Top Bottom