need some help with Petrucci sound

Drago01121

Inspired
Hey guys I need help please with some Dream Theater presets ( Images & Words Album & the last 2 albums ) & more matched it is the more it's better as i have a gig & I just want to sound very in tone lol
I will really appreciate any help or whatever to get me started or to reach there! but the fm3 stock Preset is not even like Cooper Carter's Vid & guess what, The Stock Preset number 82 or 83 on Axe III is a bit better than the fm3 but still it's not really the right sound or even the right Width of sound!
I tried my best & now my final step is to ask help from you guys, Presets or even suggestions, Thanks a lot in advance..

frfr Monitors
Be more explicit about describing “FRFR monitors” because the term is tossed around.

Which FRFR monitors, how are they connected to the modeler, positioned, and powered? How loud are you listening? Have you compared the sound with headphones or what else did you do to try to triangulate the problem?

You will find that some presets are not going to sound the same on your rig as they do on the rig that was used to create them. But you might get lucky. Lot of factors involved like guitars and speakers etc. You might be better off using a tube amp rig if you’re not ready. Not criticizing, just friendly advice. When I got my FM3, I hauled both rigs to practice a few times. Until I sort of knew what I was doing and was getting good sounds out of the modeler. Best luck man!

Be more explicit about describing “FRFR monitors” because the term is tossed around.

Which FRFR monitors, how are they connected to the modeler, positioned, and powered? How loud are you listening? Have you compared the sound with headphones or what else did you do to try to triangulate the problem?
Krk Studio Monitors

You will find that some presets are not going to sound the same on your rig as they do on the rig that was used to create them. But you might get lucky. Lot of factors involved like guitars and speakers etc. You might be better off using a tube amp rig if you’re not ready. Not criticizing, just friendly advice. When I got my FM3, I hauled both rigs to practice a few times. Until I sort of knew what I was doing and was getting good sounds out of the modeler. Best luck man!
I made a preset now i guess it's 90% almost close to a clip where Petrucci was trying the Mark 25!
I have JP15 with Illuminators pickups on as well so i believe i am really close hopefully, I'll post it here shortly & you guys let me know that will be helpful

I used this Vid to make this preset identical as possible lol Hope you guys let me know what you think & enjoy it as well!

Attachments

• Petrucci 2014 Triaxix.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 16
Hey guys I need help please with some Dream Theater presets ( Images & Words Album & the last 2 albums ) & more matched it is the more it's better as i have a gig & I just want to sound very in tone lol
I will really appreciate any help or whatever to get me started or to reach there! but the fm3 stock Preset is not even like Cooper Carter's Vid & guess what, The Stock Preset number 82 or 83 on Axe III is a bit better than the fm3 but still it's not really the right sound or even the right Width of sound!
I tried my best & now my final step is to ask help from you guys, Presets or even suggestions, Thanks a lot in advance..

which video are you referring to?
The most recent Petrucci factory presets in the III, FM3, and FM9 all share the exact settings that I dialed into JP's actual rig before the last tour went out. But every preset is going to sound different based on literally countless factors, with the biggest being the player, the strings and guitar, and the type of monitors you're using.

Please for the love of all that’s holy can we continue the Artist preset series where you left off and get Mr Petrucci to make some presets? Next batch of 3 wishlist Petrucci, Vai and Collen.

The most recent Petrucci factory presets in the III, FM3, and FM9 all share the exact settings that I dialed into JP's actual rig before the last tour went out. But every preset is going to sound different based on literally countless factors, with the biggest being the player, the strings and guitar, and the type of monitors you're using.

Dooooooood!

I am using Kali 8'' monitors also playing using a JP15 modified with Illuminators pickups, your presets are actually great tho, its just doesn't sound the same as your vid & the FM3 factory preset for Petrucci rig was different than the Axe III factory preset of Petrucci which was really closer to what i want! that's all what i mean & i just wanted to know why is it sounding different although it shouldn't!

I refer to the Vid where you where playing Pull Me Under When showing the Petrucci Rig Preset! The settings i am mentioning is only the Amp block not the rest!

I gave it a go and it was pretty dark on my setup with my JPs
Yes it is, i was trying to get the same sound & tone as in the Vid above & on my setup which is Kali 8'' Monitors & JP15 it is the same! But for Recording you must have an EQ after to cut much Mids & add some highs for sure..

I refer to the Vid where you where playing Pull Me Under When showing the Petrucci Rig Preset! The settings i am mentioning is only the Amp block not the rest!

That video is several years old, and the preset has gone through several changes since then, the biggest being the addition the signature JP2C+ models. Also the IRs are different now. But it wouldn't be difficult to tweak some eq settings to emulate that video. For my money, though, the current preset sounds better than that video at this point.

Back
Top Bottom