Need some help with my project studio :)

SockPuppet

Inspired
Hey y'all!

As the title states I'm in the process of building a project studio. I'm not really trying to do anything over the top with removing all my floors and making a room within a room. Just install some absorbers at first and second points of reflection and some bass traps. Just to even out the room a bit.

I'm kind of stuck at where I should have my main listening position. I have two windows in this room, and a glass door. Basically one of the walls is just a big window.

I've attached a floor-plan and a photo of the most problematic area of the room. Does anyone have any pointers on where I should place my listening position? Moving to a different room is unfortunately not possible... even though I would like that.

The room is approximately 4x5 m with 3 m to the ceiling (13x16x10 ft) and the second image is the wall that is 4,4 m wide.

Thank you so much for your help :)

/Sock

studio101.jpg
annoying_windows.jpg

Thank you for your input barhrecords!
That was my initial thought too. Having windows behind you can be quite frustrating. I will install a simple DIY absorber to cover up the windows (something that can easily be installed and removed) regardless of where I place myself. My stereo imaging will definitely get all messed up without any treatment behind my monitors.

Maybe I'll have time this weekend to do some measurements with REW to see what my room actually sounds like. I can post the results here if anyone is interested to see how this project is coming along :D

I recommend listening along the long axis of the room so you only have two choices. In that regard the east wall looks the best.

The hardest part of your room, to me, are the sides of the listening position. On the east wall of that room, you can treat those side positions the easiest I think.

On the window behind you, you have lots of options from thick curtains to leaning 2'x4' panels etc.

Back
Top Bottom