Need some help troubleshooting

youngmic

Inspired
Axe Edit and Fractal Bot have stopped recognizing my II. I'm getting a message from both that says the firmware version can't be identified. I've upgraded the USB driver. The II acts fine in Digital Performer via USB. I've also reinstalled Axe Edit to no avail. I'm running Quantum 1.0. Was going to upgrade to 1.01 but Fractal Bot is doing the same thing. Tried rebooting everything a couple of times. Was working yesterday and no changes since then. Any thoughts? What am I missing?

Mike

Tried reset system params and restore system. No luck. Still fails when attempting to query firmware version.

I would try:
- Reboot the computer
- Try a different USB cable
- Try remembering if you installed any software recently, and try uninstalling it
- Try a different computer
- If you have a recent backup, factory reset

I hope it helps

Cheers,
Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Message is "unknown device". No new software. No config changes. Something in the query for firmware version. USB is working. Note that USB to Digital Performer works. Additionally, Fractal Bot and Axe Edit recognize the II but neither can query the firmware.

Mike, Thought I'd see what version of Axe-Edit you're running? Any chance you have a Macs that is still running 10.9.x?

Lee

Curious if your OS re-install resolved your issues? If so, perhaps you might still document what occurred, just in case others have a similar occurrence?

Cheers,

Lee

Long story short, my boot drive, an SSD, failed. It's a brick at this point. Ordered a new one via Amazon same day delivery (amazing) and am now up and running again. The most peculiar part of the whole thing though was when the same behavior occurred on my laptop. Somehow the II was impacted. Might have had something to do with the USB driver loaded in the II. Unfortunately, I can't get much more granular than that. All I can say is that after fresh install of everything, I'm back to normal.

Thanks for that. I didn't mention it when I asked if you'd provide the details, but misbehaving on both machines was felt strange to me as well. Sorry to hear about the SSD (I have one in my MacBook Pro) , and glad all is well again in Mac/AxeFX world.

Cheers

Lee

Back
Top Bottom