Need some help setting up a filter w/ modifier

frankiev

Experienced
Id like to set up a filter to sweep a limited range triggered by volume level . In other words striking a string triggers a certain frequency of the filter and as the note decays the frequency shifts a bit . Any help greatly appreciated

Go to the filter block.
you will probably want a bandpass type.
go to the Freq parameter. Hit enter.
This should bring up the modifier menu.
Set modifier source to envelope.
Set your min and max to the desired sweep freq range.

For the envelope go to the control button then navigate to envelope. Set your threshold and other settings there.

Thanks Java..... Forgive my ignorance but Im not sure I understand how the volume of the picked note will control the filter

edit..I just reread my original post and I didnt explain very well. I want to set up a filter so that frequency that will follow volume level not just be triggered by volume and then sweep on its own

Last edited:
Like an auto wah, where the signal level dictates the filter frequency? If so, just get a wah block and tie the modifier that is controlled by your pedal to the envelope follower. It is pretty much as Java said.

For clarification, when Java said sweep, he meant the range of your filter effect.

The envelope follower is the thing that measures your signal level and turns it into a modifier/controller.

Last edited:
Like an auto wah, where the signal level dictates the filter frequency? If so, just get a wah block and tie the modifier that is controlled by your pedal to the envelope follower. It is pretty much as Java said.

For clarification, when Java said sweep, he meant the range of your filter effect.

The envelope follower is the thing that measures your signal level and turns it into a modifier/controller.

the filter set to bandpass does this as well.

Thanks Java..... Forgive my ignorance but Im not sure I understand how the volume of the picked note will control the filter

edit..I just reread my original post and I didnt explain very well. I want to set up a filter so that frequency that will follow volume level not just be triggered by volume and then sweep on its own

What I described will do that. The envelope detects the signal level and translates that to values the modifier can use to control he frequency of the filter.

Back
Top Bottom