Need some help "programming" a pedal tone thingy...

DC11GTR

Inspired
...that continues when switching to other scenes. I'm not sure how to describe what I'm wanting to do simply, so I'll try more detail below. Let's say:

Scene 1 = Sound 1 with a delay that never ends, be that a chord, a note or short pattern
Scene 3 (and 4-8) = While the Sound that never ends keeps never ending, I can jump around from scene to scene at will
Scene 2 = Ends the never ending Sound that never ends. Could also be accomplished using button #9 on my Voes MX-9

Cooper Carter has one in his Sound On Sound Gift from awhile back and it does pretty much what I'm trying to do, but I can't seem to get it to work in my own presets. That one doesn't have the 3rd thing I have above, which I think I can work around (you can end that never ending by going back to, in my case, scene 1 or in CC's case S4) so I'm attaching that preset for reference. Being able to have a kill switch would be great for me in case I'm using a lead sound and Sound 1 happens to be clean.

I'm sure it's easier with the FM3 on the floor, but my setup doesn't allow it and the FM3 being anywhere but on its special shelf scares me. I'm also sure it's easy in general, but I can't for life of me figure what I'm doing wrong.

Attachments

• CC's Sound on Sound FM3 (1).syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 1
I understand it like this:

Scene 1 starts the sound,
scene 2 ends the sound,
scene 3-8 lets you play guitar with the sound on or off

Try the Gift of tone 2022 from @fremen Drones of Arrakis. Is this what you kind of mean by the sound that never ends?

Cheers 🍻

I understand it like this:

Scene 1 starts the sound,
scene 2 ends the sound,
scene 3-8 lets you play guitar with the sound on or off

Try the Gift of tone 2022 from @fremen Drones of Arrakis. Is this what you kind of mean by the sound that never ends?

Cheers 🍻

Pretty much, yes.

To capture a short pattern that would be a looper thingy on your sound.. ?

Looper-like but without a looper. Basically this;

I dug around and found that video and I'm basically trying to do a version of that. I was able to get the Scenes 1 and 2 (with 2 being the same clean sound) to work, so I'm part way there. But I either can't get other sounds to go with the original bit playing. When I go to a lead, the never ending sound ends up having that same lead tone, more or less. I tried it on his, and his Scene 4 and 5 work fine (which is what got my 1 and 2 to work) but the issue I get with his is that the whole thing shuts down when I go to the lead sound in Scene 6.

I'll try that GoT later today. Thanks!

Pretty much, yes.

Looper-like but without a looper. Basically this;

I dug around and found that video and I'm basically trying to do a version of that. I was able to get the Scenes 1 and 2 (with 2 being the same clean sound) to work, so I'm part way there. But I either can't get other sounds to go with the original bit playing. When I go to a lead, the never ending sound ends up having that same lead tone, more or less. I tried it on his, and his Scene 4 and 5 work fine (which is what got my 1 and 2 to work) but the issue I get with his is that the whole thing shuts down when I go to the lead sound in Scene 6.

I'll try that GoT later today. Thanks!

Oh wow, thats awesome.
Thnx for this, going to try it myself ;)

Cheers 🍻

Oh wow, thats awesome.
Thnx for this, going to try it myself ;)

Cheers 🍻

Welp... I figured it out and it was as simple as I figured it was. At least once I looked closer. Basically in the "CS per Scene" "Controllers" section, turn all of your chosen CS's on. Also, it helps to have the delay be the same make/model but on a different delay channel in that block to keep it the same sound. If you have a different scene with a, for instance a "Deluxe Mind Guy", the Never Ending will have the tone of the "Deluxe Mind Guy" unless you're going for that. It threw me off at first, haha.

Back
Top Bottom