Need some help on using looper

frankiev

Experienced
I finally set up the looper . Ive never used one before and I need some help with the settings .The problem is every loop I make gets chopped at the end or loops in the middle of a beat or theres the some silence at the end of the loop . So how do I get some good loops going?
TX

Are you using the metronome when you use it?.....is quantize on?

The biggest thing is how are you starting to record your loop....footswitch or what?

Turn off quantize. If quantize is on and you don't play with the metronome the looper will loop on a beat, because you don't hear the tempo it's normal that you're out of sync...

when they say "using the metronome" they mean the built-in metronome to help you record to the beat. as said above, turn off quantize and it will not be set to a particular tempo/measure.

Thanks Chris for clarifying the metronome use, the most obvious thing for somebody can be the most esoterical for another!

I put quantize in there because people were asking for it... but in all honesty I personally think it is easier to use your "internal metronome" and just practice getting good with the footswitch for starting and stopping.

I put quantize in there because people were asking for it... but in all honesty I personally think it is easier to use your "internal metronome" and just practice getting good with the footswitch for starting and stopping.
I agree, the "internal metronome" is a perfect combo with quantize but

I do love the metronome, it makes showing someone the proper tempo 100% faster instead of just playing dead notes for them to get used to.

Back
Top Bottom