Need Preset w/Synth Drone

22 frets

Experienced
I posted earlier and got a few suggestions, but none of them really fit my needs. So I’ll try to describe what I need a little differently. It seems like the fractals should be able to do this.

I need a synth drone pad that accompanies my guitar chords and follows my chord changes as I play rhythm on the song. I have heard other effects boards do this. Some with organ sounds and some with synth sounds. This needs to be what i would call a “space or gap filler sound” to make the sound of a small band seem more full. Thx.

I typically split my signal after the cab down to another row and add the flex delay followed by another Reverb and then send it out and I have signed my foot controller to control the level of the effect. The model I am referring to within the Plex delay block is called plexi shift

Not sure if you found what you were after by now but I have a preset on my FM3 for Pat Benatar's Promises in the Dark. I tried to emulate the synth pads in the intro. However, it doesn't track what I'm playing, I change the pad chord manually using scene changes. It may be possible to use a harmonizer block as the input to the synth, or maybe split the input from the guitar directly to the synth. I haven't tried either of these yet. Interesting concept. Here's my PITD patch, in case its of any use.

Attachments

• 009 - Promises it Dark.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 15
I posted earlier and got a few suggestions, but none of them really fit my needs. So I’ll try to describe what I need a little differently. It seems like the fractals should be able to do this.

I need a synth drone pad that accompanies my guitar chords and follows my chord changes as I play rhythm on the song. I have heard other effects boards do this. Some with organ sounds and some with synth sounds. This needs to be what i would call a “space or gap filler sound” to make the sound of a small band seem more full. Thx.
There is a patch that shows how to do this BUT...... The synth on the fractal is not polyphonic... You have to program the chord changes to correspond with the scenes... The synth is always on once the scene is selected. so you can have up to 8 chords and you would have to switch the scene that goes with the chord. On the FM9 it seems it is this patch: FREMEN'S FM9 DRONES

This patch has 7 chords programed and each scene is labeled for the synth chord it plays. This is the only way you can make this happen as far as I know.

Thanks for taking the time to respond and explain. I had figured some of this out but not all. When I discovered that I was going to have to push foot switches to change the drone notes along with the chord changes, I decided that was more than I could probably keep up with. The band has since picked up a new guitar player who plays a guitar synth system that does this and more. Problem solved. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom