Need my Kemper sound on Fractal. Will pay $$

What amp. What profiler did the profile. What cabinet is baked into the profile. Was there a boost baked into the profile(s) in question. The list goes on.
You haven't told us what you are using to monitor the sound, whether you've adjusted the monitoring system's EQ for the Kemper's sound "to your taste", or how loud you're listening. Those things make major differences in our perception of sound.

Also, what firmware version are you running in the FM3?

It's also important to share the profile, the preset you're using to try to recreate the Kemper's sound, and your system+gb+fc file. The problem could be a simple adjustment to the preset or a system setting.

The more detail you tell us, the easier it is for us to help you, the fewer questions we have to ask, and the more quickly you'll get solutions to try. Edit your original question and add that information so we can all work from the same starting point.
Monitoring through Adam A7's in my studio. Listening at various levels. Play with in-ears in a live situation (5 piece band) and also monitoring through various pairs of in-ears. I have played with this configuration for the past 5 years and am happy with my tone. I'd like to dive into some deeper features with Fractal but keep my core tone. I have not touched the monitoring section of the Kemper EQ and I'm using Michael Britt 3rd Power CSR Citizen Gain profiles (3P CSR Gain 2 3J to be exact). Classic Lead 80 speaker baked into the profile. There is an ever so slight boost baked into the profile. I have emailed a link to anyone who has stepped in and said they have a Kemper and are willing to try. I'd prefer not to publicly post my main Kemper performance but am willing to send it via message to anyone willing to help. I'm on the very latest firmware with the FM3. Sorry for not providing all relevant information - figured I'd at least see if there was any interest/Kemper users out there first. Thanks a bunch!

Monitoring through Adam A7's in my studio. Listening at various levels. Play with in-ears in a live situation (5 piece band) and also monitoring through various pairs of in-ears. I have played with this configuration for the past 5 years and am happy with my tone. I'd like to dive into some deeper features with Fractal but keep my core tone. I have not touched the monitoring section of the Kemper EQ and I'm using Michael Britt 3rd Power CSR Citizen Gain profiles (3P CSR Gain 2 3J to be exact). Classic Lead 80 speaker baked into the profile. There is an ever so slight boost baked into the profile. I have emailed a link to anyone who has stepped in and said they have a Kemper and are willing to try. I'd prefer not to publicly post my main Kemper performance but am willing to send it via message to anyone willing to help. I'm on the very latest firmware with the FM3. Sorry for not providing all relevant information - figured I'd at least see if there was any interest/Kemper users out there first. Thanks a bunch!
This is all good info. It's tough going sometimes going from one platform to another. I profiled some of my Helix presets on one of the 15 times I had a Kemper :neutral: :D

Just use the Kemper then.

I think its well documented with a google search, that AFX has said how to make it feel like kemper in two seconds.

You adjust input compressor/ sag or something, it was that simple. I dont know, I dont use kemper.

Just use the Kemper then.

I think its well documented with a google search, that AFX has said how to make it feel like kemper in two seconds.

You adjust input compressor/ sag or something, it was that simple. I dont know, I dont use kemper.
Google it. Axe themselves said how to do it. It takes two seconds to make the adjustment.
That was constructive.

Google it. Axe themselves said how to do it. It takes two seconds to make the adjustment.
Which assumes the tones are otherwise close enough in relevant ways, remaining difference being Kemper Nelly Furtado thing. But that's a big "if".. and even following Cliff's advice one may have to play with the relevant parameters. Power amp hardness, the feedback output compression, etc.

In looking at the CSR…
3 selectable tone stack circuits (JTM45, ’68, Modern)

The 2 3j kemper tone print… (I had a kemper, and used that pack also) is a mid-gain one ?

40 watt amp…American clean, British crunch…
With the Fractal… you can “make it” pretty close I would bet…by tweaking the amps below…
Dirty Shirley or a JTM45 to start….even a superlead… use the variac as the hybrid master….also try post phase master as a different flavor… use the boost in the preamp section… just roll through to find one that fits…

I basically set out to make a Jose modded Marshall… watch a few videos on Jose amps, and found one random video on YT…where he was doing the same sorta thing….

I've been struggling for a few years now... I love the concept of Fractal and the workflow. However, I have my "sound" that I've duplicated with the Kemper. I for the life of me can not re-create this sound in Fractal-land. I'd love to move to the FM-3 for live use but no matter how hard I try I end up coming up short when it comes to pure amp tone. Everything I do gets me about 95% there. For anyone who owns both a Kemper and Fractal, I'd be willing to pay money if you can take my main amp rig and come close to the same amp tone on the Fractal. Everyone swears that Fractal can do whatever Kemper can but it's cases like this that keep me staying in Kemper-land. Any takers? Any advice? I can upload my main performance patch if anyone wants to take a stab. Thanks!
Can you give any specifics on what characteristics of the tones you can't replicate in the FM3? Such as timbre, dynamics, playing feel, etc? That might help.

I have used a Kemper for over 6 years, and a FM3 for a few months, and they are very different animals. The Kemper has characteristics in its tone and feel that are unique to itself, so much so that it gives the unit its own unique tone that appears in all profiles (if you know what to listen for). If what the OP is seeking is in this unique to Kemper tone and feel, it's likely the FM3 simply will not be able to recreate it. That is not saying that the Kemper is better than the Fractal, the FM3 annilihates the Kemper in certain tonal areas (mainly high gain harmonic response, and emulation of multiple distortion sources in an amp). But the Kemper does things with dynamics and harmonics that I've never heard from a FM3, or any other guitar amp or pedal I've encountered in 40 years of working on the stuff. Some users do NOT like the Kemper due to its unique tone and response.

I do know that if I had access to a Fractal 6 years ago, I most assuredly would have adopted Fractal and never touched a Kemper. It has been a struggle deciding between the two, but frankly the Kemper has the better overall system for live use (the Stage and a powered Kab is the state of the art). One of the biggest struggles with modelers is getting good loud stage tone, and the Kemper system eliminates all the guesswork.

I have an FM3 and a Kemper. If you can't get the results you want using the advice in the other replies, let me know and I may be able to help. As others have pointed out, the Kemper has some interesting baked-in characteristics in the profiles that can be difficult to replicate on other devices. The preamp filtering, gain structure, power amp/speaker impedance interaction, and mid compression are very different (and less authentic) than what you will hear in Fractal-land.

I have an FM3 and a Kemper. If you can't get the results you want using the advice in the other replies, let me know and I may be able to help. As others have pointed out, the Kemper has some interesting baked-in characteristics in the profiles that can be difficult to replicate on other devices. The preamp filtering, gain structure, power amp/speaker impedance interaction, and mid compression are very different (and less authentic) than what you will hear in Fractal-land.
Love your channel. More vids when you can! \m/

There is just a massive dose of cognitive dissonance in this whole thread. If the Kempers entire existence is to sound like sobb no ethnic else via a tone print, and the AFX’s entire existence is based on containing those elements required to get the sound that the Kemper is profiling, then why not use the native capabilities of the AFX to get the sound you’re looking for? Making a copy of a copy of a sound is just sillytown.

There is just a massive dose of cognitive dissonance in this whole thread. If the Kempers entire existence is to sound like sobb no ethnic else via a tone print, and the AFX’s entire existence is based on containing those elements required to get the sound that the Kemper is profiling, then why not use the native capabilities of the AFX to get the sound you’re looking for? Making a copy of a copy of a sound is just sillytown.
Once in awhile; a trip to Sillytown is just what the Dr. ordered!

I did it with some of my favorite Kemper profiles but after a while I liked the FM3 sounds better. At that point I sold the Kemper. Still love the FM3.

Back
Top Bottom