Need Mixing Help! Axe-FX II with Parker Fly w/stereo out + midi

DFauvre

Inspired
I have an Axe FX II. Just bought a Parker Fly Mojo. It has a stereo out. AND I can install a midi out which I will do.

And I am thinking about getting two Atomic cabs so I can play in stereo (anything smaller and less expensive recommended? Atomics are $1400 each... mostly home and studio use).

Need two suggestions.

1. How do I send stereo out of Parker into Axe FX II and process each differently? One will be regular PUs and the other out piezios.
Can this be done?

2. When I get the midi set up on the Parker and it's triggering my Roland guitar synth with a stereo how do I mix the Roland stereo out with the Parker stereo out into for example two Atomic cabs? A mixer? If yes, which one? I don't want to lose signal quality.

Atomics have 2 inputs with separate volume so that solves Roland issue. Not cheap, but awesome solution. Think you can separate processing of left and right input from back of unit. Haven't done it, so someone else will know details. My guess is that the wiki already addresses this, so you might google Axe FX wiki and look there.

Hi DFauvre. I have a Parker with those capabilities. It may be called a "stereo" output, but it is better to think of it as a "dual" output. One out is the magnetic pickups and the other is the piezo. I would not normally want to split these left and right. Rather, I'd want to input the Mag to the Axe-Fx front input to be processed by a good guitar amp model (followed by stereo effects!) and input the piezo into In 1 R on the rear to be processed in parallel stereo.

I'd be happy to explore these ideas with you if you want.

That you for the great suggestions. Chris, I watched you video and the Layout screen on my Axe FX II only has an Edit and Move page, no Input/GTE page to access a noise gate as in your video. Please advise. Thank you. Also, if you have time tomorrow, I would like to have you walk me through the set up when I am on the phone if you are interested. Just bought a Parker and would love to get this working tomorrow. I am on California time. If interested send me a private message and I will send you my phone or Skype. Thanks!!

That you for the great suggestions. Chris, I watched you video and the Layout screen on my Axe FX II only has an Edit and Move page, no Input/GTE page to access a noise gate as in your video. Please advise. Thank you. Also, if you have time tomorrow, I would like to have you walk me through the set up when I am on the phone if you are interested. Just bought a Parker and would love to get this working tomorrow. I am on California time. If interested send me a private message and I will send you my phone or Skype. Thanks!!

the Input/GTE page has been moved to the Input block. watch this video:

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...sers-layout-menu-behavior-change-15-04-a.html

Xitones are awesome cabs, and about half the price of an Atomic. I just upgraded to a stereo pair a few months ago and love them! Way better than the PA speakers I was using before.

I have a Carvin with piezo bridge and Roland jack. What I've done in the past is setup input 1 to be stereo, and plug my mags into Input 1L and piezo into Input 1R. Then, in each patch, I'll select the path. For example, Amp1 being set to "left only" for input, so it only gets the magnetic pickups. Or using a mixer early in the grid and splitting the signal to two rows.

For the Roland, I'll take the stereo outs and run them into Input 2L/R, and use the FXL block to insert it into the grid, usually towards the end (I'm not using any Axe effects for that signal, so it's just going in and then straight out to the speakers). The FXL Is orphaned, and not part of the rest of the signal path, other than it connecting to the end of the grid.

Back
Top Bottom