Need low power FRFR recommendations

P

plexi59

I’d like to set up an “upstairs” rig with my old AxeFX 2, and I need a good, low power FRFR monitor for it. Does such a thing exist?

Requirements:
  • Must be pretty low (bedroom) power, or at least sound good at those volume levels
  • Must be single physical speaker, but stereo
  • Must take Bluetooth and wired input at the same time so can pipe in a backing track
I’m flexible on the price.

Does such a thing exist?

I have an older model of it. It's not stereo, and it's not "FR" in the strict sense. I don't want to completely retool my presets. I want something which would be a good approximation of my ADAM A7 monitors downstairs.

the bluetooth requirement is a tight constraint, how about 20 hours of battery powered bluetooth into anything with an aux jack for 30 bucks, everything is now bluetooth

TaoTronics Bluetooth 5.0 Transmitter/Receiver, Wireless 3.5mm Audio Adapter (aptX Low Latency, Pair 2 at Once, for TV/Car Sound System, Volume Control) Amazon product ASIN B01IV1H1ME

Konnect looks pretty cool, thanks. I wasn't aware of it. Not too big either.

Doesn’t have BT but a head rush 108 is cheap, sounds good, and has dual Inputs so you could also play backing tracks into it.

can get darn loud too, but also works at lower volume. Hard to beat the bang for the buck, cheap enough to get a second lol

2KW would blow the windows out though. Not an option. I already have a pair of Tannoy PowerV12 downstairs. Those need pretty punishing SPL to sound good. I guess that's what they were designed for, so I can't fault them for it.

750-iLoud_detail3.jpg

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/iloud/?pkey=iloud

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...40w-portable-personal-speaker-with-irig-input

Bad reviews on Amazon for that last one: apparently there's battery inside that craps out pretty quickly and it can't be replaced. I also had some IK Multimedia products before, and they were poorly made, so I'm inclined to believe the reviews. Although it'd be about what I was looking for otherwise. Not too large or too powerful, conveniently angled upward for dispersion.

Back
Top Bottom