Need Layout help.

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
Have FM3 and a FC6. Just need this. FM3 to ALWAYS show Presets, Scenes, Effects....even when pressed to activate the FC6. The FC6 to reflect those changes made on the FM3.

Any help would be appreciated. I get layouts to a degree. But I do not know how to get the FM3 to not also change when I hit Presets on the 1st button of the FM3. Trying to wrap my head around it and it is not working. Please advise.

How do you modify the OMG9 to where when you hit Presets on FM3 it populates 6 preset choices on FC6(as currently does), BUT then when you select a Preset it goes to Scenes on the FC6?

How do you modify the OMG9 to where when you hit Presets on FM3 it populates 6 preset choices on FC6(as currently does), BUT then when you select a Preset it goes to Scenes on the FC6?
Layout Links. Post in thread 'Programming the FM3 with a FC-12 is frustrating' https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...th-a-fc-12-is-frustrating.169670/post-2038912

I'd try setting up Layout 1 to show Presets Scenes Effects on FM3 and 6 Presets on FC6,,but also set up Layout 1 FC6 switches to execute a Layout Link that sends you to Layout 2.... SETUP Layout 2 to display PRESETS SCENES EFFECTS on FM3 but show Scenes 1 through 6 on FC6....

I think this will do what you're asking?

Last edited:
Layout Links. Post in thread 'Programming the FM3 with a FC-12 is frustrating' https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...th-a-fc-12-is-frustrating.169670/post-2038912

I'd try setting up Layout 1 to show Presets Scenes Effects on FM3 and 6 Presets on FC6,,but also set up Layout 1 FC6 switches to execute a Layout Link that sends you to Layout 2.... SETUP Layout 2 to display PRESETS SCENES EFFECTS on FM3 but show Scenes 1 through 6 on FC6....

I think this will do what you're asking?
Sometimes I can't find my old threads. I do search. Thanks!

I seriously think I need a Physics degree to program my FC's...I makes me feel stupid. I know a lot think it is so easy. I am not of that thought.

I seriously think I need a Physics degree to program my FC's...I makes me feel stupid. I know a lot think it is so easy. I am not of that thought.
I personally think loading the OMG9
and playing with it for a bit will make you happy , maybe just tweak it slightly so when you load a preset
the layout link goes to your default scene
the best part about the OMG9 is the fact that most of the things you need are in plain sight at all times

I personally think loading the OMG9
and playing with it for a bit will make you happy , maybe just tweak it slightly so when you load a preset
the layout link goes to your default scene
the best part about the OMG9 is the fact that most of the things you need are in plain sight at all times
I did. I'm trying to wrap my head around things and it seems difficult as there are so many factors. I do believe it could be made much more simple to interact with. My 2 cents.....

I did. I'm trying to wrap my head around things and it seems difficult as there are so many factors. I do believe it could be made much more simple to interact with. My 2 cents.....
Which part are you struggling with?
basically in OMG 9 the only things you need to remember on the actual FM3 is the hold function
sw 1 tuner
sw 2 more scenes tap temp
sw3 looper

in scene mode you dont have to worry about hold functions
toggle function
you just have 6 scenes
say clean , EoB, Crunch , Hi gain
Solo

effecta same thing 5 effects and a more that loads page 2
again you dont have to set up toggles hold etc unless you want to

you immediately have access to
6 scenes , 6 presets , 5 effects
one quick press to tuner , looper, tap

Which part are you struggling with?
basically in OMG 9 the only things you need to remember on the actual FM3 is the hold function
sw 1 tuner
sw 2 more scenes tap temp
sw3 looper

in scene mode you dont have to worry about hold functions
toggle function
you just have 6 scenes
say clean , EoB, Crunch , Hi gain
Solo

effecta same thing 5 effects and a more that loads page 2
again you dont have to set up toggles hold etc unless you want to

you immediately have access to
6 scenes , 6 presets , 5 effects
one quick press to tuner , looper, tap
I am not saying that does not work. It does. But altering to my liking is not super intuitive IMO.

I am not saying that does not work. It does. But altering to my liking is not super intuitive IMO.
What are you attempting to do ?
the one thing that is a bit more complex is per preset stuff but other than that
are you using EZ edit at all ?
basically if i folllow you want all your presets to auto load a scene
so then I believe what you need is to have all the switches in preset mode set w layout link to load
the scene of your choice

Back
Top Bottom