need help

Jubloo03

Accidently converted my syx ax8 files to open with windows media player while trying to use fractal bot now none of my files will register for my ax8 when using ax8 edit. i got all these presets from axechange and converted them using cab lab i seriously can't remember how they opened before of what app i used.

now every preset i dowload is opened to windows media player automatically instead of the text form like it used to be none of the apps like notepad or all the other ones look like how it used to look, what do i do in order to get them back to how it used to be,

Last edited:
You load them with FractalBot or AX8-Edit.

You don't double-click them...

The association with an app is a Windows thing that can be changed but it shouldn't really matter.

Hi @Jubloo03

No worries - Do the following to get your associations back
  1. Figure out where your AX8 edit program is installed. It's probably in a 'C:\Program Files\Fractal Audio\A8 Edit' (or something similar) path.
  2. Open windows explorer
  3. Browse to where one of your preset file is located
  4. Once you can see one of the preset files, right click on it (to open the context menu), and select 'Open with...'
  5. That will open a 'How do you want to open this file' dialog, with the application you accidentally set it to earlier listed. There may also be some other apps listed. If there's a 'More apps' option, choose that. If not, scroll down and select 'Look for another app on this PC'.
  6. Select the editing app you want to change it to (AX8 edit or whatever it's called)
That should get you going.

If it doesn't, you can always reinstall AX8 edit which can be found here; https://www.fractalaudio.com/ax8-edit/

Hope that helps.
Thanks
Pauly

Accidently converted my syx ax8 files to open with windows media player while trying to use fractal bot now none of my files will register for my ax8 when using ax8 edit. i got all these presets from axechange and converted them using cab lab i seriously can't remember how they opened before of what app i used.

now every preset i dowload is opened to windows media player automatically instead of the text form like it used to be none of the apps like notepad or all the other ones look like how it used to look, what do i do in order to get them back to how it used to be,

Back
Top Bottom