Need help with Wes Hauch patch please!

I got my Axe late last year so I still consider myself an absolute noob with this thing and I think it's something on my end maybe but I downloaded Wes Hauch's "The Faceless Riffs" patch and the first thing I noticed was an unctrollable and horrendous feedback as soon as I would switch to the patch, the only time you can't hear it is if you're playing but as soon as you stop its starts squealing again. I doubt it was intended to be like this and I think it's something I'm doing wrong.

All of my other patches and the rest of the factory amps don't do this. I was wondering if anyone else had this issue when they loaded it up and wether you did or didn't does anyone have any suggestions or a trouble shooting list to fix it? I'd love to hear this tone how it was intended to be. I appreciate the help in advance!

What unit do you have?

I believe the ability to use really old presets was lost at some point to make room for new things?

Copy the 'X' state of the Amp block to the 'Y' (as a reference for the settings). Reset the 'X' amp by selecting another model, then re-select the original model. This will reset the amp model to the new defaults. Then try it out. Now you can look at the 'Y' state and change some of the parameters in the 'X' state to match.

A LOT has changed and the settings won't yield the same results, but you could check it out.

Copy the 'X' state of the Amp block to the 'Y' (as a reference for the settings). Reset the 'X' amp by selecting another model, then re-select the original model. This will reset the amp model to the new defaults. Then try it out. Now you can look at the 'Y' state and change some of the parameters in the 'X' state to match.

A LOT has changed and the settings won't yield the same results, but you could check it out.

I'll give this a shot tomorrow, I may still need help if it doesn't fix the problem though, thanks for the suggestion! Also I'm still open to trying other things if people have suggestions and would greatly appreciate it!

The newer modeling is so good, you should probably leave the advanced parameters alone (after resetting). just stick with the Basic page and maybe the EQ page (if Wes even touched those?)

I
The newer modeling is so good, you should probably leave the advanced parameters alone (after resetting). just stick with the Basic page and maybe the EQ page (if Wes even touched those?)

I think I recall seeing a couple of things he changed in the advanced parameters but I could be thinking of another patch, tedious if he did

I

I think I recall seeing a couple of things he changed in the advanced parameters but I could be thinking of another patch, tedious if he did
My point being, that it's not as necessary as it used to be. As newer firmware has been coming out, I use less and less advanced parameters to get what I need. To the point now, where I don't really touch them any more. Just a couple of personal taste adjustments on certain models.

Chuggy your problem is he is using the "FX8" check his video for Seymour Duncan 8:56 mark..;)

Chuggy your problem is he is using the "FX8" check his video for Seymour Duncan 8:56 mark..;)

I tweaked with the gate a bit without having to change the settings on the amps and stuff, took a while but it's all good now and actually I don't know about the FX8, it's his live patch and he was running an Axe Fx 2 whilst in The Faceless

Back
Top Bottom