Need help with SPDIF not working

teof

Inspired
Hi guys, I currently have my AxeIII SPDIF OUT to my Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 which is connected to a pair of monitors for output.
I am able to have output from the monitors which is also observed in the spdif meters in Focusrite Panel (screen attached).
However, when I attempt to record a track in Reaper, there is no output detected in the track. This is notwithstanding that I am still hearing output from the monitors. I'm not sure what is wrong. I have attached screens of my settings in Reaper.
Grateful if your guys could kindly point me to the right direction.
Many thanks.

REAPER.jpgFocusrite.jpgAXEFX.jpg

The Axe seems to be setup correctly. In Reaper you should have your sample rate set to 48 instead of 44.1. I'm not familiar enough with the Scarlett to be any help with that.

Hi guys, I currently have my AxeIII SPDIF OUT to my Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 which is connected to a pair of monitors for output.
I am able to have output from the monitors which is also observed in the spdif meters in Focusrite Panel (screen attached).
However, when I attempt to record a track in Reaper, there is no output detected in the track. This is notwithstanding that I am still hearing output from the monitors. I'm not sure what is wrong. I have attached screens of my settings in Reaper.
Grateful if your guys could kindly point me to the right direction.
Many thanks.

View attachment 89575View attachment 89576View attachment 89577
Probably a dumb question, but you do have the Focusrite connected to your computer, right?

Wish I was versed on your non-Fractal components so I might actually assist. Good luck,
Lee

Looks like how I have my 18i20 setup in reaper. You are arming the track in reaper, right? The screenshot above doesn't show show the track being armed (the red record circle). See screenshots...

1633372522274.png

Yeah you're probably just hearing the direct monitoring of the SPDIF In through the 6i6. Make sure you arm the track like ocaptainjr2 said. Also, if direct monitoring is on in the Focusrite Control panel, make sure you turn software input monitoring off in Reaper so you don't hear a doubled track. Hit the little speaker icon next to the red Record Arm button on the track until it turns to just an outline of a speaker.

Looks like how I have my 18i20 setup in reaper. You are arming the track in reaper, right? The screenshot above doesn't show show the track being armed (the red record circle). See screenshots...

View attachment 89595
Yes, I have armed the track and in fact, started recording. But there is no signal detected in the track while there is in Focusrite as seen from screenshot.

ReaperFocusrite.jpg

From your screenshot of the Focusrite Control, I would guess the issue is where it says "Sync Status Not Locked". Does it show it is locked when you change the clock to SPDIF?

Edit: Do you have the most recent Focusrite Control and firmware for the 6i6 installed?

Last edited:
From your screenshot of the Focusrite Control, I would guess the issue is where it says "Sync Status Not Locked". Does it show it is locked when you change the clock to SPDIF?

Edit: Do you have the most recent Focusrite Control and firmware for the 6i6 installed?
I just re-installed the latest Focusrite Control. Reset to factory default. While its reflected as Locked now.. still no signal in Reaper. Encountered the same with Adobe Audition.

1633446814351.png

It's looking more like something in Reaper is set incorrectly. In the audio device settings, what are the options in the drop down boxes for inputs "first" and "last" and outputs "first" and "last"?

Set clock source to SPDIF to avoid pops and clicks and other weirdness but otherwise it should work with the settings you have in Focusrite. Any other issues would be in the DAW.

Make sure your DAW project is configured for 48 KHz as well.

It's looking more like something in Reaper is set incorrectly. In the audio device settings, what are the options in the drop down boxes for inputs "first" and "last" and outputs "first" and "last"?

Hi thanks. These are the options in INPUT FIRST and LAST, and Output FIRST and LAST.

1633452628003.png

1633452704161.png

Try setting the inputs to First= input 1 and last= SPDIF 2. Then set the output range First = output 1 and last= output 6. See if that makes a difference.

After setting the track to SPDIF 1, have you actually tried playing and recording anything to see if Reaper records the signal, even if the meter doesn't show any input?

Back
Top Bottom