Need help with settings for recording

ilya

Inspired
Hello, im trying to record guitar thru axe fx into daw (reaper) and im having trouble dialing the right tone.
The tone i mainly use when practicing with backing tracks getting muddy when i try to record on a higher volume. How can i get exact the same tone on higher volumes when recording, and a better delay/reverb tone? Im really unhappy with my current results when hearing the recording though it sounds ok in real time rec with headphones.

Do you have input monitoring turned off in Reaper? The speaker icon next to the red Record Arm button on the track should be just an outline of a speaker.

The signals you get from USB Inputs 1 and 2 should be identical to the signal from the Output block on the grid. For best results, make sure your Reaper project is set to 48kHz, 24 bit. The Axe FX is fixed at that sample rate and depth.

Use the VU meters in the Utilities menu to set the level of your presets so your average level is roughly around the 0 dB line on the meter. That should give you a good level in Reaper with plenty of headroom for peaks (about -14 dBFS)

Last edited:
Do you have input monitoring turned off in Reaper? The speaker icon next to the red Record Arm button on the track should be just an outline of a speaker.

The signals you get from USB Inputs 1 and 2 should be identical to the signal from the Output block on the grid. For best results, make sure your Reaper project is set to 48kHz, 24 bit. The Axe FX is fixed at that sample rate and depth.

Use the VU meters in the Utilities menu to set the level of your presets so your average level is roughly around the 0 dB line on the meter. That should give you a good level in Reaper with plenty of headroom for peaks (about -14 dBFS)
Ok thanks, i will check it out

Back
Top Bottom