Need help with selecting or updating amp

Jimmytwotimes

Experienced
Hello everyone - I'm new here but have been reading the forum for quite awhile. I have finally decided to get an Axe II. And now I'm trying to prepare for it with possibly a new amp configuration. I'm not gigging right now, but may in the future. Currently I have a Blackstar HT-20 head with two Blackstar 1X12 cabinets with Celestion 70/80's in them (not the greatest speakers). I have a few pedals and a POD HD500 which I am currently using via 4CM. My thought was that once I get the Axe, I could get a Matrix power amp and replace the current 70/80's with some V30's or creamback's and run a stereo rig. So my question is, would it be worth it to spend the extra money to get something like FRFR powered speaker? Or get two new 1x12's instead of replacing the speakers? Any other thoughts or recommendations? Thank you for your help - I am looking forward to being a part of this awesome community !

Ok - so maybe what I should be asking - has anyone had any experience using a Matrix amp in stereo with two 1x12 guitar cabinets?

Back
Top Bottom