Need Help With Routing And Reamping

nlee89

Hi,

I've been trying to figure out how to reamp guitars using my Axe Fx Ultra, Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, and Reaper.

This is how I'm currently routing my setup:

Axe Fx Rear Output 1 > Input 1 Focusrite
Rear Output/Line 3 Focusrite > Axe Fx Rear Input 1

I have disabled the master/parent send on my dry track and have selected the audio hardware outputs to line 3. However when I try to arm the reamp track for recording all I get is a screech which I assume is a feedback loop? What is causing this issue?

reaper1.jpg

Any help is appreciated thanks!

In Focusrite Control verify line outs 3 & 4 are set to "Playback 3-4". If they're set to a mix that includes Input 1, that would cause feedback.

In Focusrite Control verify line outs 3 & 4 are set to "Playback 3-4". If they're set to a mix that includes Input 1, that would cause feedback.

Thanks for your reply Bakerman.

I'm looking for those settings you're referring to in Scarlett MixControl but can't seem to find them?

mixcontrol.jpg

Edit:

Just figured it out! Turned the left headphone output to DAW 3.

Thanks for your help! :)

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

I'm having an issue with reamping using my Axe Fx III. How can I connect Axe Fx III with an Y Jack insert cable to a mixing console's insert point? For some reason, I don't have output.....

Hi Guys,

I'm having an issue with reamping using my Axe Fx III. How can I connect Axe Fx III with an Y Jack insert cable to a mixing console's insert point? For some reason, I don't have output.....
you want to reamp using an insert on a mixer? doesn't that just mix the signal with the original channel's signal? why not use a separate channel?

Back
Top Bottom