Need help with recording with AxeFXII XL+ as interface and monitoring issues

shaunb

Experienced
Hi everyone.

I recently had my MacBook Pro die on me and ended up having to replace the hard drive and now I'm running into a few issues that need problem solving.

Issue 1:
The main one is recording into Cubase 6 using the AxeFXII XL+ as my interface.
I've recorded every one of the clips I've posted on here in that configuration and never had a problem
Now that I've got my laptop back with a new hard drive I'm hard clipping the input of my Cubase projects even with the input track muted. The input maxes out no matter what I do.

I'm assuming it's an issue with my DAW as the MacBook is the only variable in this situation but wanted to see what you guys think.

Issue 2:
This is something that I notices after moving house about 8 months ago.
When I'm playing guitar through my monitors panned in the middle they sound really thin and buzzy. But when I pan the cab block hard left or right they come to life. I run mono cab blocks so there shouldn't be a phase issue within the presets. All presets do the same thing as well.

Here's a quick vid from my phone to demonstrate the issue.
I'm guessing there's and output setting I've gotten wrong somewhere, but I never noticed it before I moved and haven't really changed any oth the I/O settings other than Output Echo 2 setting to Output 1 to get sound to my out 2 running the Matrix FRFR rig. But this issue popped up prior to buying the FRFR rig.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Issue 2 sounds like your monitors are out of phase with each other.

Check on the back for a phase switch. Otherwise check your cables are both wired correctly.

Yeah, I was thinking it was a phase issue as well.
My monitors don't have a phase flip switch, so I'll try some different cables.
Might even hook up my old interface and see if that changes things to try and figure out where the issue is.

Thanks for the reply.

Hi Shaun,
Did you get the level thing sorted? You know you can adjust the axe fx USB level from ( I think) the I/o menu?
Pauly

Back
Top Bottom