• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

    Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Need help with my Axe-Fx Ultra

Dpoirier

Power User
I would suggest reaching out to fractal support, they'll help you. In the meantime, you could open the lid, and reaseat all the connectors (by unplugging and replugging them back in). It just may do it.
 

OgiMima

New Member
Now here's a thing:
this only happens after AXE is working for a while (hour or more) and I power it off. Then, if I try to power it back on, I get that...
Could it be overheating?
 

Rex

Legend!
Now here's a thing:
this only happens after AXE is working for a while (hour or more) and I power it off. Then, if I try to power it back on, I get that...
Could it be overheating?
1). Try the reseating thing mentioned above. What are the results of that?

2). Turning off the box won’t make it overheat. :)

3). Contact support and see what they say.
 

OgiMima

New Member
I meant not powering back on because of overheating.;)
As for support, man I am from Serbia, we don't get that here...
 

Rex

Legend!
Now here's a thing:
this only happens after AXE is working for a while (hour or more) and I power it off. Then, if I try to power it back on, I get that...
I don't understand. If it works for an hour and you turn it off, then it won't turn back on. But how do you ever turn it on again?
 

raccoon

New Member
Try the european Fractal support at g66.eu
They are very pleasant and giving tipps or repairing also the older devices for a fair price.
They also responding to mails within a day or latest next day in most cases.
OK not on weekends ;)
I think it may be only a bad connection that will get loose when device is getting warm.
So the already mentioned tips may work.
May some contacts are corroded or a cold soldering that has to be resoldered.
 

OgiMima

New Member
Already tried that. They tell me to send them my unit so their technician "try" to fix it...
That is just too expensive for me, two times postage plus repair, for that money I could buy another unit (used)...
We are not in EU so it's so difficult here... And postage to England costs a fortune.
So I am asking here, thought maybe someone had same experience with Ultra.
 

OgiMima

New Member
Reseating connectors did not help. But this has;
I powered the unit off, then cut the power off on my extension cord,,
then power back on Axe (without actual power obviously) and back off,
then let the power on extension cord and power the unit on. And it worked, can you imagine:)
That worked this time so I'll try tomorrow same thimg...Hope that it will be the solution.
 

Rex

Legend!
Reseating connectors did not help. But this has;
I powered the unit off, then cut the power off on my extension cord,,
then power back on Axe (without actual power obviously) and back off,
then let the power on extension cord and power the unit on. And it worked, can you imagine:)
That worked this time so I'll try tomorrow same thimg...Hope that it will be the solution.
Strange. It’ll be interesting to see whether that works consistently.
 

raccoon

New Member
Reseating connectors did not help. But this has;
I powered the unit off, then cut the power off on my extension cord,,
then power back on Axe (without actual power obviously) and back off,
then let the power on extension cord and power the unit on. And it worked, can you imagine:)
That worked this time so I'll try tomorrow same thimg...Hope that it will be the solution.
This behaviour on many eletronic devices may come from an electrolytic capacitor that does not release his charge in a proper way.
May only a capacitor in power circuit is not funtion correct anymore.
This can happen when they getting older.
So if you may know someone who has knowlegde about electronics, this would be quite easy and cheap to change.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Rex

OgiMima

New Member
This behaviour on many eletronic devices may come from an electrolytic capacitor that does not release his charge in a proper way.
May only a capacitor in power circuit is not funtion correct anymore.
This can happen when they getting older.
So if you may know someone who has knowlegde about electronics, this would be quite easy and cheap to change.
Thanks man.
Will find someone.
 
Top Bottom