Need help with Global scales

rhummellh

Experienced
When I enter a Global scale on Axe3 unit in any of the 32 slots it does it for all 32 slots. I enter a second different scale and all 32 slots are filled with that one only. Not sure what I'm missing. Should be cut and dry I'd think. Also what can the Global scale page do in AxeEdit? Is it just for visual reference only? I remember reading that you can't use Axe edit to change Global scale in Axe3 unit. Thanks for the help

the Custom Scale page was a recent addition to Edit so you can edit the scales. before, you couldn't.

if it is copying the scale to all slots, that sounds like a bug. i'll check it when i get home later today.

Thanks Chris. When I enter the Global scale via Axe edit it works fine on Axe edit only but does not show on Axe3 unit. I have cleared cabs, cleared presets and restored to factory default settings and no joy. I tried to do the emergency recovery but I must be -too slow to catch the boot up bar for global recovery on pg 87 of Axe3 manual.
Only related fw notes that I found:
AXE3:
fw12.09 - Fixed Pitch block Custom Scale number not displaying correctly.
AxeEdit III:
VERSION 1.06.01 JULY 1, 2020
Current Axe-Fx III Firmware Version: 12.11
* Corrected a bug in the Setup / Global Scales page. Exiting and re-entering the page now displays the selected CUSTOM SCALE # and its associated SHIFT intervals.
VERSION 1.05.09 APRIL 1, 2020
  • Firmware 12.06 support
  • Corrected the Global Scale's "Set All" value range found on the Scale page of the SETUP view.
VERSION 1.05.06 MARCH 6, 2020
  • Support for firmware 12.04.
  • Added "Scales" page to the Settings view. This allows editing of the Custom Scales found in the Global Settings. The context menu arrow to the right of the "Custom Scale #" allows exporting and importing of individual scale files.

Confirmed here on my Axe FX III.
"When I enter a Global scale on Axe3 unit in any of the 32 slots it does it for all 32 slots. I enter a second different scale and all 32 slots are filled with that one only."

the Custom Scale page was a recent addition to Edit so you can edit the scales. before, you couldn't.

if it is copying the scale to all slots, that sounds like a bug. i'll check it when i get home later today.
Chris, should I report this as a bug?

What happens if a scale file is imported? Does it alter all of the scales?

What happens if a scale file is imported? Does it alter all of the scales?
Moke,
When imported to Axe Edit, it shows up in Axe Edit like it's supposed to. On Axe3 unit it shows whatever you had in there but on all 32 slots. So anything loaded via Axe Edit does not effect Axe3 unit at all or show up. I'm using Axe3 fw 14.01 and AE III v1.07.01

Moke,
When imported to Axe Edit, it shows up in Axe Edit like it's supposed to. On Axe3 unit it shows whatever you had in there but on all 32 slots. So anything loaded via Axe Edit does not effect Axe3 unit at all or show up. I'm using Axe3 fw 14.01 and AE III v1.07.01
So the scales are actually correct, and work correctly. They just display incorrectly on the unit only?

I have the same problem, trying to get grip on this.
a bit confusing, changing one of the 32 slots, its showing that it changes all 32 slots again....
Hopefully with next updates it will be simple save and store, per each of the 32 custom scales.
Looking forward to play Jessica in a Trio setting, like a former AXEFX 2 preset from @austinbuddy

This bug also exists using the front panel.

I really need to get my custom harmonies loaded in!

I have the same problem, trying to get grip on this.
a bit confusing, changing one of the 32 slots, its showing that it changes all 32 slots again....
Hopefully with next updates it will be simple save and store, per each of the 32 custom scales.
Looking forward to play Jessica in a Trio setting, like a former AXEFX 2 preset from @austinbuddy
Just add them in the axe edit only and ignore the front panel erroneous indications for now. Does that work for you?

Axe-Edit III is also not displaying the correct shift intervals. If you click on one of the notes to edit something, weird things happen to the others. If you import a scale in, all other scales display the same settings as the imported scale.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom