Need help with Flanger in Lenny Kravitz "Are you gonna go my way"

nachin11

Hi everybody :)

I need I little help here with my Flanger settings.

The idea is to reproduce the effect in Lenny Kravitz “Are you gonna go my way”.

Actually my flanger setup don´t have the "turn around" as supposed effect, I´m sure is a configuration matter that I can´t solve by myself.

My setup is stereo balanced output, or I want it to be, je, je.. AXE FX II (Mark I) Quantum 1.06

I have attached the patch that I´m using at the moment to see if someone could help me moding it.

Maybe I will have to mode something else in general setup?

Thank you in advance

Nacho.

Attachments

• Lenny - Are you gonna my way.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 47
I'll give your preset a run within the next couple of days. I'm using the jet flange for that part...not sure it's a 100%, but I like it.

I think it's a Flange, try the "Thru-Zero" flange & set up the time with the tap-tempo & set that to 1 (whole note) or maybe it's 2 (I just remember it's a long cycle in that part of the song). And then tap the tempo of the song using the tempo button.
And then mess with the depth & mix to dial it in.

While we're on the subject, how can I make my exp pedal control the sweep of the flange? I thought you had to set the depth to 0 and attach the modifier to the delay time. A sweep from 1ms to 3ms would be equivalent to setting the depth to 20%. When I do this, or use the envelope or LFO1 as the modifier it sounds really scratchy. Maybe I'm missing a step. Anyone got any answers?

Eliju,
I have tried your block and the Flanger sound is correct :)
The thing I still don´t get is the "returning Delay"
Does anyone have got it?

Eliju,
I have tried your block and the Flanger sound is correct :)
The thing I still don´t get is the "returning Delay"
Does anyone have got it?
I'm not sure what you mean by "returning delay". Could you explain it further?

Could you explain why the flanger sounds better after the cab than in front of the amp? Not arguing, but why are you so positive there's no phaser in the chain? The tone I hear is what I've always associated with a low level phaser. Once again I'm not debating here...just wanting to understand a little better, as your post was very emphatic but not very detailed.
Thanks!

I've been playing this for some time now and nailed the sound with my Triaxis / 2:90 / G-major 2 / Mesa 4 x 12 with Creambacks rig, playimg a PRS Custom 22. I never used the phaser, as it didn't sound correct to my ears, only flanger and delay plus octave. I'm new to the AXE FX world and would like to achieve this same sound. Current rig is AXE FX II XL Plus / Mesa 2:90 / Mesa 4 x 12 oversized cab loaded with Celestion Creambacks / PRS Custom 22. I haven't actually got to that step yet, as I'm still working on my basic 10 sounds and midi settings I need for live.

Back
Top Bottom