Need help with AX8 and Ableton Bank/Patch changes

pir8matt

Hi ya'll. I'm bringing my AX8 into the fold of my band, which uses Ableton for tracks/lights/video etc. We've added a second guitar that sometimes our lead singer plays and sometimes the bass player plays.

I use my Axe-FX2 for all my guitar stuff and have program changes and scene changes programmed into Ableton. However, the same conventions used for the Axe-2 don't seem to work with the AX8.

I RTFM'ed to page 99 here, where there are the same scene change CC's for the AX8 as there are for the II. What I'm not getting is how to change patches or banks.

We really only need 2 patches, so the bank isn't all that important, but I can't even get it to change patches. When I add a MIDI strip to Ableton for AX8 commands, and try to enter the program change numbers, I run into a couple of issues. First, Ableton doesn't let you enter zeroes. That's true of the II as well, so I just started with patch 17. But nothing I put in the PC section of ableton for the AX8 makes it change. Scene changes work fine, I can see that its getting MIDI input via the activity light, but I can't seem to make it change patches.

Any idea what Im missing here?

Like, this is the Ableton screen I'm referring to. If I enter values into bank and program under the 'Pgm Change' section, nothing happens at all. But I can send CC's to change scenes.

MIDIEditor_opt.png

Another bump for any Ableton Live folks that might be able to help. Getting it done with scenes for the time being but would really like to be able to change patches with Live.

Back
Top Bottom