Need help with a tone... Jeff Beck

Womac911

Inspired
I've gotten close to this using the Rackmount Preamps X2 preset and changing the two amps out to the Vibrato and Deluxe 'Verb models with just a little saturation... but there's still something missing. I need to get a bit closer... got an upcoming "thing" to perform it at within the next couple weeks.
Been working on learning it for about six months now....sans the slide 'cause I suck at slide.

Sustain characteristics seem to differ between fretted and slide (though in Beck's case I believe he's copping a slide sound using the guitars vibrato bridge - I could be wrong in this instance but I've seen him do it in the past and took away employed ideas from seeing him do so). Regardless it seems like a compressor block up front (or use of the compression parameter in the amp block might add what's missing.

Sustain characteristics seem to differ between fretted and slide (though in Beck's case I believe he's copping a slide sound using the guitars vibrato bridge - I could be wrong in this instance but I've seen him do it in the past and took away employed ideas from seeing him do so). Regardless it seems like a compressor block up front (or use of the compression parameter in the amp block might add what's missing.

There is both slide and whang-bar used in this, according to the tab that was published waaay back in 1997 Xmas issue of Guitar Magazine. Sadly, they left out the entire second half, from 2:00 onward.
The track appeared on an album called Merry Axemas.

I won't be using either slide or the whang-bar....

Will play around with compression parameters, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom