Need help with a patch please!!

licandro7

Hey guys I'm working on a post-hardcore patch and I'm using the 5150 red. My chain is a gate-drive-compressor-amp-cab (slm-v30 mic voicing is null) I have the boost engaged and I like the tightness it gives to the tone but it leaves a buzzing/distorted sound behind and I really want to get rid of it. I've tried turning the boost off and changing the input gain/drive but it just gets muddy and not as powerful with it on. I've also experimented a lot and tried some stuff but still no results. Is there any way to filter it out but keeping the tightness that the boost gives it? Sorry I'm a bit of a noob :p

in the cab block try cutting highs down to where it disappears.. I go anywhere 6-8-9k ish... helps at volume too.

What Drive are you using? Try changing it with another model, also don't under estimate the power of the Tone and Level controls in the Drive block. Lastly, play around with different IRs.

And check out this great video on using compression, might be just what the doctor ordered:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom