Need help setting up wah

frankiev

Experienced
Im not too good with this stuff and I could use some help I Connected pedals to exp 1 and exp2 output of the mfc . exp1 controls vol with no problem but i cant get exp2 to work the wah wah . I calibrated the pedal in the mfc and set the control parameter of the wah to external 1 but I get nothing .Can someone tell me what Im missing .

I am new to this also but when I setup my FCB1010 the other day I had to open the wahwah block in the preset and right click over the control knob. This will open the parameter modifier. Set the source controller to extern number you have assigned to your pedal.

Appreciate the reply . Thats exactly what I did and when I rock the pedal I get nothing .actually to be specific i set it to ext1 which the mfc manual says exp2 input is set to .

You have to assign a CC# to that pedal of what you want it to control. See Axe manual or wiki
I guess that what im confused about .If I set the control parameter of the wah to ext1 Shouldnt the pedal be set to ext 1? I went into the mfc menu and checked the exp pedal 2 input to see where its set and its at cc16 my understanding is it should be set to ext1 like the control parameter is but theres no option for it ??? How do I make these two communicate ??

I think ext 1 was cc11 or cc16. Something like that. Check the manual, it explains it easily in there. That's how I figured it out.

Press the I/O button on the axe and page right to control tab. It will say what cc# external 2 is. I believe at default, cc#16 is for out 1 volume. your I/O menu # and mfc # have to match per external #.

So if you want the wah to work using a pedal in ext 1 from the mfc, you have to see what # external 1 is on the axe in the I/O menu, then change the mfc from 16 to that number. Of course you will lose the volume control the moment you do this.

If you want a volume control using the same pedal in patches that you don't use the wah, just insert a volume block somewhere in the preset and assign the volume controller to external 1.

Last edited:
That's weird. All that does is say when you switch to a preset, start with a value of 0 instead of starting where the pedal currently is when the patch is loaded.

Press the I/O button on the axe and page right to control tab. It will say what cc# external 2 is. I believe at default, cc#16 is for out 1 volume. your I/O menu # and mfc # have to match per external #.

So if you want the wah to work using a pedal in ext 1 from the mfc, you have to see what # external 1 is on the axe in the I/O menu, then change the mfc from 16 to that number. Of course you will lose the volume control the moment you do this.

If you want a volume control using the same pedal in patches that you don't use the wah, just insert a volume block somewhere in the preset and assign the volume controller to external 1.
Great tip for the wah/vol thanks

Back
Top Bottom