Need Help Setting Up the AxeFx Standard with the GC Pro?

ronmail65

I've got the gear, but I'm struggling with how to set this up. I'm new to midi, but I've studied the manuals for both of these units and I still can't figure this out.

Is there something else documented that will help -- I see there are tutorials for some controllers, but not for the GC Pro?

Or is there some knowledgeable soul that would be willing to talk me through this over the phone? If so, email me at rbedsaul1@verizon.net.

There are several threads on the old forum addressing this issue. Look around there and you'll probably find all the info you need. Once you get started, if you have a specific question you can't find the answer to, I'm sure we can help you figure it out.

D

I got some help this weekend -- thanks very much! It's great to have a community of people like this that are so willing to help each other out.

I pin-pointed my fundamental breakdown in understanding to a missing piece of documentation in the GC Pro Manual that explains how to synchronize the GC Pro preset starting number with the Axe Fx preset starting number. Yes, I'm blaming the manual. Because this was not only unclear to me, but to the person helping me -- who forgot how they figured it when they set it up for themselves a few months prior. Thus we were both at a loss, reading the manual and hunting and pecking through menus until we stumbled across the solution. When you don't have the presets synchronized (and when you don't realize that not having the presets synchronized is the actual problem), you can get the impression that all kinds of things are screwed up. Root cause analysis was half our conversation time. Anyway, I'm up and running with a basic amount of knowledge at this point.

As an aside, I'd recommend an entire GC Pro Manual re-write from the perspective of someone who has actually written user documentation for new users (isn't that the point?). I'd also recommend some charts that show menu trees / functions (if all I had was a picture like this, I wouldn't have needed anything else). My impression is that this was written by a midi-tech as if he/she was writing it for other midi-techs.

Back
Top Bottom