Need help routing pedals please!!

Sylosis

Hey everyone i'm still pretty new to using the Axe. If someone could help me out I'd highly appreciate it!
I have two Strymon pedals that I love (the Timeline and the Big Sky) and i would like to route them through my AxeFx/Axe-Edit kind of like an FX loop.
Instead of using the reverbs and delays that are in the Axe i would like to use the Stymon pedals. I can't figure out how to route them in my AxeFx III and would really appreciate it someone can explain how to do that. I would love to just have my pedals on my studio desk and tweak them from there.

Thanks in advance!

-Brian

See page 31 in the manual: Connecting Outboard Gear.

And to be clear, you aren't routing them thru Axe-Edit - that's just an editor and no audio goes thru that.

See page 31 in the manual: Connecting Outboard Gear.

And to be clear, you aren't routing them thru Axe-Edit - that's just an editor and no audio goes thru that.
what would be the best cables to use to do this would you say? Should i use a TRS or a TS cable do you think?

Killdry means that no dry signal is passed from input to output so you're only getting the effected signal at the output (of the pedal). Even when the pedal is "off" there is no dry signal at the output. Running a killdry pedal in parallel means that you're not relying on your dry signal to pass through the pedal as the pedal output (which only contains the "wet" signal) is mixed with the dry signal in the fractal (not in the pedal). If you do this then your dry signal which is mixed into your final fractal output is not being output from the fractal (d/a conversion) to go through your pedal(s) and then input back to the fractal (a/d conversion) before being output again (d/a conversion) to your FOH (or wherever it is going).

Back
Top Bottom