Need help on FX II XL presets and user's prests to match with my guitar pickups

Javid

Inspired
I have FX II XL connected to Matrix GT1600FX amp to Pair of Matrix FR212 speakers.
I don't get great sound when I use either factory presets or user’s presets.
I am sure the reason is: I am using different guitars and pickups.
I need help on how to tweak the presets setting to match with my guitar pickups.
Thanks.

I have FX II XL connected to Matrix GT1600FX amp to Pair of Matrix FR212 speakers.
I don't get great sound when I use either factory presets or user’s presets.
I am sure the reason is: I am using different guitars and pickups.
I need help on how to tweak the presets setting to match with my guitar pickups.
Thanks.

Pick one sound and work on it. Your question(s) are too broad to answer. No specific tweak for what you're asking here.

Clear a preset, start with an amp, add a cab and ONLY use (tweak) those until you get the sound you want. Then add treats like FX, etc.

Are you using Cab Sims on? Factory Presets should sound pretty decent as is. User Presets are always different, no idea what guitar or monitoring solution preset was created with. Make sure Cab Sims are on in Global settings. What guitar and pickups are you using?

Sent from my iPhone

Cab Sims is on. I have:
Zion Classic Guitar - EMG 81 Mahogany.
PRS SE Custom 24 Electric Guitar.
ESP LTD IC500 Electric Guitar
ESP LTD EC-1000S Duncan
Mark Morton DX2 Dominion Electric.
Thanks

No "tweaks" really. Set your Input Level so your hottest guitar is tickling the Red on the Input LED's on Front Panel. Not sure what sound you're looking for or what you feel is lacking, but Factory Presets should sound pretty good. Obviously they won't be exactly what you're looking for, but should still sound decent. There are no pickup or guitar specific tweaks, just as there aren't any using a "real" amp. You need to adjust Amp and Cab block to your needs.
Pick a simple Factory preset from the first 10-15 presets. Turn off any effects and just adjust Amp to get closer to what you're looking for.
Good luck

Sent from my iPhone

Back
Top Bottom