Need help on a P&W preset

D20

Power User
Hi guys
Currently i'm trying to setup a preset that i can switch 100% reverb to an XY reverb with 30%, but still have the trail of the 100% reverb. Can anyone help me with this. We are playing the song posted below. Basically do what he does in the beginning and into the verse but with the trail of the intro reverb.

Hi guys
Currently i'm trying to setup a preset that i can switch 100% reverb to an XY reverb with 30%, but still have the trail of the 100% reverb. Can anyone help me with this. We are playing the song posted below. Basically do what he does in the beginning and into the verse but with the trail of the intro reverb.

i don't understand the "but still have the trail of the 100%" part. how can you have 30% and 100% at the same time?

Reactions: D20
Easy way to do this would be with 2 reverb blocks, so the 100% wet reverb could fade out while the 30% setting could be playing, but don't know how its possible on the AX8 with reverb alone

Probably could do something with a delay and a reverb though. Can't have X do "trails" when you switch the block to Y though

i don't understand the "but still have the trail of the 100%" part. how can you have 30% and 100% at the same time?

I have the X set to 100% on the reverb block. The Y is set to 30% but has a different reverb. I tried switching from X to Y but the tails of the X reverb cuts off. If I had two reverb blocks it would be easy but there’s only one reverb block in the ax8

I have the X set to 100% on the reverb block. The Y is set to 30% but has a different reverb. I tried switching from X to Y but the tails of the X reverb cuts off. If I had two reverb blocks it would be easy but there’s only one reverb block in the ax8
Keep the same type of reverb. Even better, copy the X settings to Y and only change mix on Y.

I just tried this and the tail still cuts off. Should it be set to mute fx in?
Hmm it may not work then with a single reverb block. When you switch from X to Y to settings suddenly change, so there’s not much else you can do. I use the multi delay block for this style of long effect. I think I just set it to diffusion and adjust the time, but I haven’t looked at the Settings in a while. I have two back to back gigs tonight so I’ll try to check out my Settings and post them here.

This is exactly what I do for this song.
Can you tell me how you set your preset up for this part? Any help would be most welcome and appreciated!

At the moment mine is:

Vol>Comp>Drive>Amp>Cab>Pitch>Delay>Reverb

I'll try to post the preset or a pic of it i a little bit.

Try 'X' Mix at 100%... 'Y' Mix at 50% (to keep the trails unaffected) and Input Trim at around 60% (to approximate a mix of 30%)

EDIT... Is the Reverb block in parallel or Series?

Last edited:
Try 'X' Mix at 100%... 'Y' Mix at 50% (to keep the trails unaffected) and Input Trim at around 60% (to approximate a mix of 30%)

EDIT... Is the Reverb block in parallel or Series?

Here is a pic of the preset i have setup. So far I'm testing out what Moke suggested and i am getting a bit closer. I think one problem i had is i was using two different reverbs X and Y

Attachments

• Beautiful Name.PNG
    Beautiful Name.PNG
    290.4 KB · Views: 7
Here is a pic of the preset i have setup. So far I'm testing out what Moke suggested and i am getting a bit closer. I think one problem i had is i was using two different reverbs X and Y
That's the one thing about using X/Y on Reverbs and Delays. The trails will be carried over to the other state, and be affected by it's settings.

Try using a different block as a second pseudo Reverb block, for the less 'dense/complex' of the two 'verbs' needed. The Multi-Delay (as mentioned above) can work, try increasing the 'Input Diffusion' parameter. A standard Delay block can also work, and uses less CPU%, but can be a bit trickier to get right..

I just had a thought...could i also set the Reverb blocks Mix to an expression pedal? That way i could just lower the mix via expression pedal instead of switching X&Y.

It might not be as easy though. If it's possible i'd have to experiment with getting it lowered to the correct mix.

I just had a thought...could i also set the Reverb blocks Mix to an expression pedal? That way i could just lower the mix via expression pedal instead of switching X&Y.

It might not be as easy though. If it's possible i'd have to experiment with getting it lowered to the correct mix.
That would work as long as you set the Min and Max levels to the sweet spots to prevent 'hunting around'. You could also use a Scene Controller if you are using scenes. You could attach the Mix, Input Trim, and maybe the Feedback parameter (with a bunch of Damping?)??

If you post the preset, I (We) could take a look? I could setup a couple of examples. Expression Pedal?, Scene controller?, Pseudo Reverb?

That would work as long as you set the Min and Max levels to the sweet spots to prevent 'hunting around'. You could also use a Scene Controller if you are using scenes. You could attach the Mix, Input Trim, and maybe the Feedback parameter (with a bunch of Damping?)??

If you post the preset, I (We) could take a look? I could setup a couple of examples. Expression Pedal?, Scene controller?, Pseudo Reverb?

Sweet! I'll try to post the preset here once i get home tonight from work. It's pretty basic for the most part.

So i'm guess i could set the Min (heel all the way down on the expression pedal) to like 20% Mix and Max (toe all the way down on the expression pedal) to 100% Mix? This way i could just set the expression pedal all the way heel down or all the way toe down.

I think currently i have my AX8 setup by presets. I usually have been trying to play songs using one preset, but turning pedals on/off for different sections of the song.

Geez...I love my AX8!!! I was just telling the other guitarist that is playing this Sunday how awesome this thing is. The possibilities are endless and I'm able to do things that I feel would take more time and money with a pedalboard setup. It truely is an amazing time to be a musician!!!

Back
Top Bottom