Need Help making FAMC Editor work in Mac OSX Big Sur

The M1 actually recognizes the LF+ as a USB device (you can see it in the system report section). And, notably, there is an FTDI driver built into macOS. But the problem, if I understand correctly, is that the LF+ devices required some additional kext file located in the extensions folder of the macOS Library folder to act as a bridge to establish connection with the editor. This is because FAMC devices use a "custom" version of the FTDI driver. The contents of the driver related files in Windows contain virtually the same information as the generic FTDI driver. So I imagine this would be similar for macOS, in principle. I'm not sure which files to modify, or how to do so, under macOS. It might be possible...

The LF+ is detected as a USB device on my old Intel Macbook running macOS 12.6.2 (Monterey) and my MacBook Air M1 running macOS 13.1 (Ventura) -- as you can see in the attached images.
Screen Shot 2022-12-28 at 3.24.14 PM.pngScreenshot 2022-12-28 at 15.44.31.png

The .kext works fine on the Intel device. On the M1 however, it cannot be loaded under the new architecture. I used the "sudo kextload ......" command here to try and force it to load but it fails.
Screen Shot 2022-12-28 at 16.03.jpg

OK, It's doable. My LF+JR+ is recognized, drivers have installed and the device is seamlessly connecting to the 64-bit version of the LF+Editor software on Windows 11 (running in Parallels 17 on an M1 MacBook Air). After modifying the driver files and before attempting installation you must disable driver signature enforcement. This pleases me greatly.
Hi, any chance you’d be willing to provide more details on how you modified those files?

I’m on Mac, running Monterey, but would be happy if I could just get it to connect within Windows 10 under Parallels Desktop (or bootcamp on my laptop…).

Thx in advance for your help!
Joce

Thank you @vaultnaemsae!!! This is exactly what I needed! For people less experienced, please find attached the drivers updated.

Attachments

• FAMC-WIn11-Parallels-Macbook M1-Pro-Drivers.zip
    6.2 KB · Views: 8
Hi pmella, can you tell me where to copy the files to? Or any other instructions to get this to work. I'm on mac mini M1. Currently OS 14.1.1.
thanks.

My best guess is to change the file type to .kext and put them in HD/Library/Extensions, but I haven't done that before and I want to make sure.

Back
Top Bottom