Need help FM3 plus a 2 button 1 jack TRS....a la 5 button beast. Tips....

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
Ok. Spent better part of Sunday trying to get this to work. I have an FM3 and a single jack TRS 2 button momentary switch box. I simply want this from the 2 button additional box. I want one button to always take me to presets, the hold of that increase through banks of presets. Then on 2nd switch have press be Layout 7(effects) and hold be layout 6(scenes). What am I doing wrong. Please see layout. Thanks!

Using Layouts 5 presets, 6 scenes, 7 effects, 8 stand in's. I think I coul d cram this all into 1 layout with different views. Please advise. The 2 button box I got is an Amazon purchase and called a Rock Stock?? Thank you in advance! Oh and I have watched many Youtube things on Stand in's, and still having issues.

Screen Shot 2022-08-14 at 4.52.23 PM.png

Switch settings look ok. Have you assigned the external switches on the jack you intend to use as the stand in switches, and pointed them at those switch settings in the Stand-Ins layout? There lurks a page in the settings to assign the switch to stand-in duty. I am on FM9, but it may be "FC Controllers/Onboard Switches" or something similar on your FM3 also....
20220814_151427.jpg

Ok....tried 2 old cables and 3rd was charm. Not sure WTH was going on with that as they were not ancient. But alas I got it working. Learned a lot though. Moved all layouts to 1 using views brilliant!

Last edited:
Is there a way to setup one of the extra 2 buttons to toggle between views? I want a second press, without hold, to toggle between my effects and my scenes. Ideas for this?

You could use View Inc / Dec to switch between two adjacent views by setting the Increment / Decrement, Wrap, and the Upper Limit and Lower Limit. Doesn't seem to have a toggle, where you choose both and toggle between them, but you should be able to get it working....
Screen Shot 2022-08-16 at 9.57.49 AM.png

Back
Top Bottom