Need Help downloading axe edit for ultra

RealityHoax

I bought a new computer and am trying to figure out where to go to get the axe edit for my ultra. And then I need to update the firmware on my axe fx and connect axe edit to the ultra. Any help appreciated. Running windows 10. Focusrite 6i6 interface. Thanks

see the link in my sig.
Get AE version 0.9.191 - it supports the v11 firmware on the Ultra.

I downloaded this version here from the bottom of the Legacy page ...

Axe Edit Beta version 1.0.191 For Mac ----- Aug 1, 2011 - Supports Axe-Fx Ultra Firmware 11

I run an iMac and Macbook Pro, both of them running Yosemite. My interface is a Focusrite Sapphire Pro 40 (which has a 2x2 midi interface built in) and last night it sync'd right up and runs 100% with zero issues so far. Luckily tho, my Axe Fx Ultra was already updated to Firmware 11.

Found it. Downloaded it . Got my midi ins and outs connected to axe fx and focusrite. Set midi ins and outs in settings to the focusrite. Tested the connection. Connection failed. The midi light on the front of the axe fx is blinking sporadically. Constant, but not even. Doesnt stay on solid. Brand new midi cables. Not sure whats going on or how to fix it. Running firmware 10.01 on axe fx ultra currently. Frustrated.

That did the trick Zelman. Thank you so much! Hours of frustration fixed in one minute. Its really ridiculous that so many people have this same issue trying to use the axe edit for older models. They dont make it easy. At all. It should not be this difficult.

1.0.191 does not work at all for the ultra. Certainly not for my setup. Fractal needs to have more support for older models. And not leave their customers to desperately search the internet for hours or days to figure out a simple problem. I wasted so much of my time trying to fix this issue. Disappointed in fractal.

You know, that makes no sense RealityHoax, 1.0.191 immediately sync'd up to my Ultra ... only 2 differences is I am on Mac to your windows, and I am using a Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 to your Focusrite 6i6 ... I would think it may be more that you may not be running Firmware 11 on your Ultra ... I know the 1.0.191 says its for firmware 11 only.

Glad you got it sync'd up finally tho!

1.0.191 does not work at all for the ultra. Certainly not for my setup. Fractal needs to have more support for older models. And not leave their customers to desperately search the internet for hours or days to figure out a simple problem. I wasted so much of my time trying to fix this issue. Disappointed in fractal.

Hmmm,.... Axe Edit version 1.0.191 works ok here for Windows 7 and an AxeFx Standard. It also worked ok on Windows XP. I don't know about Windows 10 mind.

Axe Edit 1.0.191, according to the legacy page over at Fractal, only works on

IMG_0654-1.JPG

So I am betting if you don't have the last firmware for the Standard or Ultra, you are going to have to use 0.9.191, then upgrade to the Firmware Version 11 if you want .... I am running Axe Edit 1.0.191 on Firmware 11 on an iMac and Macbook Pro, both running Yosemite with no problems what so ever.

This is the key
Axe Edit 1.0.191, according to the legacy page over at Fractal, only works on

View attachment 30088

If your Ultra have firmware 10.01 the versions don't match

Solution 1:
Install the previous version af axe edit: 1.0.188
http://archive.axefx.fr/AxeEdit/Legacy versions/AxeFX Standard and Ultra/Axe-Edit_Setup_1_0_183.exe

Look here:
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threa...-mdid-anymore-used-to-fine.39774/#post-539802

Once you got Axe edit running you can update to firmware 11.

Solution 2:
If this don't work you can update the firmware directly sending the sysex file with MIDI-OX, when you download the zip with firmware 11 there's a txt file inside with instructions, pay attention to his:
- If you are using MIDI-OX to send the firmware to the Axe-Fx be aware that MIDI-OX's default settings may cause a buffer overrun error in that program. We recommend the following settings:
Low Level I/O Buffers: size - 256, number - 16
Milliseconds between buffers: 90

To configure MIDI-OX use: View -> Sysex to bring up the Sysex view window then Sysex -> Configure to configure the buffers.

Once you have your Ultra updated to Firmware 11 you'd be able to use Axe edit 1.0.191.

I understand your frustation but don't blame FAS, it's been a long time since and your problem is very specifical (Firmware 10.01 don't match with axe edit 1.0.191), hope you can sort it...

Last edited:
Lol..I just bought a used ultra having same exact issue, wont connect, I was gonna try a different Midi interface but will try this version of Axe Edit first, Hoping to have the same luck as you, Frustrated as well

Matt, thank you if the older Axe edit version that was posted above does not fix my issue i will get the midi interface you suggested.....hopefully im close

Very happy to say the Zelman response above was the answer for me, due to the firmware that was installed the Beta Axe Edit on the Fractal legacy tab was too new, I needed an older version of Axe edit. His suggestion to load worked:

(Zelman response) Only version of Axe Edit that work with my Ultra is:

Axe-Edit_Setup_0_9_191.exe (he posted full link above) I am unable to post links since i am new

Many thanks to Zelman

Back
Top Bottom