Need help converting Axe-Fx Std/Ultra IR .syx file to use with Axe-Fx II

shredi knight

Power User
Will be receiving my Axe-Fx II this Friday and would like to be able to load my favorite user cab from my Standard into it, but am having trouble convering the .syx file. I'm using the "Axe-O-Matic" converter from OwnHammer's site (OwnHammer.com - Axe-O-Matic) and ever time I try to load the file into the program, I get an error message that says, "Input File Not Valid Axe I Format". Not sure what the problem is, the file is the right format and is not corrupt (as far as I know anyway).

Is there another program I might try that would convert the file? Better yet, can anyone on here convert the file for me, or at least tell me what the problem might be? If so, I am attaching the .syx file to this post.

Thanks. :)

P.S. I know the Axe-Fx II's factory cabs are supposed to be superior to ones that were meant for the Std/Ultra, but I wanted to try this IR with it regardless. Better to have it and not need it, than to want it and not have it.

Attachments

• Original 4x12 V30 (user location 1).syx
    7.7 KB · Views: 33
The file you have posted is not the right size (should be 8,204 bytes as reported by Win XP anyway, and yours was smaller than that). This happened to a lot of files from the old AxeFx web forum pages converted to this one.

I don't know if it's the same cab file you were looking for but you can try this one I obtained from a forum ages ago for the AxeFx Standard/Ultra :-

Attachments

• Original_4x12_V30.syx
    8 KB · Views: 36
The file you have posted is not the right size (should be 8,204 bytes as reported by Win XP anyway, and yours was smaller than that). This happened to a lot of files from the old AxeFx web forum pages converted to this one.

I don't know if it's the same cab file you were looking for but you can try this one I obtained from a forum ages ago for the AxeFx Standard/Ultra :-

Thanks a lot, I had forgotten all about this thread. That very well could be the same file. It has the same exact name (I added the "user location 1" part to the name so I'd remember that I had changed the code to load in the Axe-Fx's 1st user location) and I did have that posted "ages ago" on the old Axe-Fx forum or this one (can't remember which).

I was able to convert the file successfully, but won't be able to load it into my Axe-Fx II and try it until I get it back from Fractal (it froze up on me a week ago and I had to send it back to be repaired/replaced).

Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom