Need Help connecting Addictive Drummer and Reaper

rickbarclay

Inspired
Hi, all. I posted this to the Cockos forums, but I thought I might get some help here, too.
Yesterday, I had two functional copies of Reaper on the computers, one running Windows 7 32-bit, the other running Windows 8.1 64-bit.
Today I installed the full, paid-for versions of Addictive Drummer 2 on each computer. Both computers will run the AD2 program as a
standalone. Neither computer shows AD2 as a VST in Reaper. I know where the AD2.dll is. I've copied it to various Reaper directories,
but when I boot Reaper, it just doesn't want to show any AD2 files. I'm new to DAW's and searches I've done (very old Cockos forum threads) all
say to point the AD2 dll to the Reaper VST folder. As far as I know, that's what I've done--with no results. Any help with this is gratefully appreciated.

I'm asking here, as well as in Cockos, because this forum is very knowledgeable and a bit more active than Cockos.

In addition, I have lost the ability to load media files into my 64-bit version of Reaper. Before I installed AD2, I could load mp3's and such with no
problem. Now I get an error message: "Error Loading Media FIle." My 32-version loads media files fine. Any suggestions especially appreciated,
because the 64-bit computer is whats running my AXE FX2. The 32-bit is just for play around. Thanks, folks. I'll keep trying.

A little more info on the 64-bit: in addition to giving me an "Error Opening Media File" message, there is no playback when I try to open a project.
Instead I get the following error message: "Project Load Warning: There were 1 media items in the project that were of a type that require an extension
plug-in (the instance that saved the project had the extension plug-in." And in the playback area, there is a large bar running the length of the project that
says OFFLINE.

All my projects are merely media files that I've saved as projects, and so I figure this relates to the other message about being unable to load the media file.
I tried loading mp3's and mp4's with no success. Had no problem before installing AD2 and no problems with 32-bit computer.

I'd delete this stupid thread, but I don't know how. Anyway, all's well. Everything seems to be working now on both computers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom