Need help badly to connect the ISP Decimator in the FX Loop

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpyCam

Hello,
first of all i wanted to explain the situation i'm using now.
Let me start with the fact that i'm using my Axe-FX with a real amp and cab now. This is the setup and routings i use now and it works good (not that i use mono setup, so cables go into left (mono) holes):

guitar > Axe-Fx front IN
Axe-Fx OUT 2 > ISP decimator pro rack g channel 1 IN
ISP decimator pro rack g channel 1 OUT > Amp IN
ISP decimator pro rack g channel 2 IN > Amp FX loop SEND
Amp FX loop RETURN > Axe-Fx OUT 1
ISP decimator pro rack g channel 2 OUT > Axe-Fx IN 2

This way, i have ISP decimator's channel 1 to remove noise before my amp and its channel 2 removes drived noise in amp's Fx-Loop and i still can have wah, pitch and other FX before an amp and everything else in Fx-Loop.

Now what i cannot get the idea about is when i use amp and cab simulations inside of Axe FX but i still want the ISP decimator channel 1 to clean noises before the amp simulation and channel 2 to clean the noises after amp simulation.

Can you please help me explaining the cable routing?
For me it sounds like i will need to use 2 fx loops in axe-fx and probably Axe-Fx IN 1 (rear one) but i'm not sure.

Thanks in advance

OK, i figured out, how to do that:
guitar > ISP Channel 1 IN
ISP Channel 1 OUT > Axe-FX INPUT 1 (rear input).
Axe-FX FX Loop send > ISP Channel 2 IN
ISP Channel 2 OUT > Axe-FX FX Loop return

I thought it would be possible to make connections when my guitar goes to front Axe-FX input, but since i'm the only one talking here with myself, who cares ;)

I used to have the decimator rack unit. The gate on the ultra works fine for me since the noise is minimized (no pedals, etc.). Try that and simplify your setup.

ISP decimator's 1st channel is gate, second channel is not gate, so maybe i can skip the channel 1 and use gate inside of Axe-fx.
thanks

So you are using the Axe for effects only? You have the opportunity to shed your amps, pedals, etc with the addition of a decent power amp. This is how you realize the full potential of the Axe and save money and get better sound all at the same time. That has been my experience.

yes, i use my Axe-fx in FX loop when i play live and in rehearsals with my band, but i now decided to get used to full potential of the Axe at home, for home recordings and home playing

I wonder if anybody else has thought of this lately. I just got an AXE II XL and looking at getting rid of my Pro Rack G. I'm not sure I love the gate in the AXE yet but I don't think I have learned how to use it yet. The prospect of having a gate with settings is a huge upside. Also selling my ISP, is a huge $300 upside.

I have been using the Axe-FX III with 2 CLR active monitors and have never been happier. I have not even scratched the surface of all the capabilities that constantly getting improved - the last one is a redesigned pitch block that allows me to down-tune to C and B with amazing results.

I have been using the Axe-FX III with 2 CLR active monitors and have never been happier. I have not even scratched the surface of all the capabilities that constantly getting improved - the last one is a redesigned pitch block that allows me to down-tune to C and B with amazing results.
Curious, how’d you find this thread to post in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom