Need Firmware: Quantum 8.01 for AxeFx II Mark I

FWIW - I maintain, and have maintained for quite a few yrs now.. the following FAS repository.. which has pretty much everything since day one.. I need to add some of the newest releases, but most of FAS stuff is here. I recently moved it from a hosted site to amazon S3.
Still working thru a few bugs in the listing javascript.
it's in my sig link too
http://steve.sideroadsband.com/AxeFx/

here's a screenshot of some of the firmware...

View attachment 42530

Thanks! I bookmarked this for future use!
So wish I would have found this last night. :)

Last edited:
Well, the problem is I never installed 8.02 so I ended up tweeking 80+ of my own (8.01) presets for many hours/months and then I backed them up..
When I loaded 9.01 last night; 3/4 of my presets sounded dull (like a wet blanket over the speaker)..
I was like "How can this be??"
And then I realized that 3/4 of my presets used lots of "Xformer Grind" (Transformer Grind)....
This was removed in 9.00. :-(

I just don't have the time/desire to re-program around 50 presets to try to ad something that was similar sounding to the Xformer Grind...
I'm very bummed out that Cliff/Fractal removed it, even though I fully respect, trust and love all of Cliff's work, I just don't have the time (Right now) to redo all my hard work.
I'm sure 9.01 is amazing but again I just don't have the desire to attempt redoing SO MANY of my presets...
Don't feel bad man I'm on "older" FW myself and plan to stay there because I've invested hundreds of hrs working out great tones. I'm absolutely sure that every new FW does sound better and we're all grateful of FAS but its more about personal time management I guess. There's just no time for another tweak fest

Well, after all my stressing out about the deleted Xformer Match Parameter in 9.01, I decided to just stay with 9.01 for a bit longer..

I've "replaced" Xformer Grind with Xformer Match (I have been generally setting it to around .500) and I've boosted the "High Resonance" quite a bit as well...
I've also added some "Dynamic Presence" here and there as well.

So far, I've redone 30 of my presets like this, and I only have 50 more to go! Ugh! :-(
Anyway, I can't even remember if it sounds better or worse then what I had before, but I find that my ears are pretty adaptable so I'm sure I'll get used to (and love) 9.01 as time goes by.

I love when we get new parameters, but it's sometimes a bummer when old ones get removed, especially when they have become a integral part of your tone.

Anyway, I know I kind of sound like I'm complaining here, but the way I actually feel in all honesty is:
Cliff works his a s s off on the AxeFx firmwares and then gives it to us for free..
We then have the -choice- to upload, or not...
I choose to upload new firmware, because I would rather go through a huge amount of stress reprogramming my presets, then miss out on Cliff's latest epiphanies! :hearteyes:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom