Need Firmware: Quantum 8.01 for AxeFx II Mark I

5th-Tuner

Hey guys, it feels like I've searched the entire internet, but I just can't seem to find the slightly older firmware Quantum 8.01 for AxeFx II Mark I...
The site that is supposed to store all the past firmware only goes up to Quantum 7.00.

Can someone please help me with a download link?
Thanks.

That's AlGrenadine's (Monsieur FracTool) old site

I probably have the installer as I've thrown nothing away since FW 5 (I've a AFX2 Mk1 as well). I'll plonk up a link to Q8.01 later from home if still needed

Why? What's wrong with 8.02? Why not just use 9.0?
Well, the problem is I never installed 8.02 so I ended up tweeking 80+ of my own (8.01) presets for many hours/months and then I backed them up..
When I loaded 9.01 last night; 3/4 of my presets sounded dull (like a wet blanket over the speaker)..
I was like "How can this be??"
And then I realized that 3/4 of my presets used lots of "Xformer Grind" (Transformer Grind)....
This was removed in 9.00. :-(

I just don't have the time/desire to re-program around 50 presets to try to ad something that was similar sounding to the Xformer Grind...
I'm very bummed out that Cliff/Fractal removed it, even though I fully respect, trust and love all of Cliff's work, I just don't have the time (Right now) to redo all my hard work.
I'm sure 9.01 is amazing but again I just don't have the desire to attempt redoing SO MANY of my presets...

Thank you so much for the 8.01 link Cliff! <3 <3
I promise I'll give 9.01 a fair try later.. I just had so many presets that used "Xformer Grind" that I couldn't take the time to redo them..
Unless I'm missing something here??
Is there another setting that is similar to Xformer Grind?
Anyway, thanks again sir!

FWIW - I maintain, and have maintained for quite a few yrs now.. the following FAS repository.. which has pretty much everything since day one.. I need to add some of the newest releases, but most of FAS stuff is here. I recently moved it from a hosted site to amazon S3.
Still working thru a few bugs in the listing javascript.
it's in my sig link too
http://steve.sideroadsband.com/AxeFx/

here's a screenshot of some of the firmware...

upload_2017-10-31_15-11-49.png

btw, i have all the firmwares on my hard drive from non-quantum 5.07 onwards. should i upload them to dropbox, maybe?

I do hope someone can get this sorted out..
That was pretty stressful knowing that I backed up all my 8.01 presets, but when I wanted to go back, I couldn't, because the old firmware was no longer available... :-/
Anyway, it might be a good idea if Fractal Audio just made a page that contained all the old firmware..

FWIW - I maintain, and have maintained for quite a few yrs now.. the following FAS repository.. which has pretty much everything since day one.. I need to add some of the newest releases, but most of FAS stuff is here.
it's in my sig link too
http://steve.sideroadsband.com/AxeFx/

here's a screenshot of some of the firmware...

View attachment 42530

Thanks so much for all your hard work.. I hope I didn't incite any complaints towards your efforts.
I was just desperate for Quantum 8.01 For AxeFx Mark I, and it just hadn't been uploaded on your very helpful site yet.

EDIT: My bad... I thought you were the one that posted the OTHER (French) page with older firmware...

Thanks so much for all your hard work.. I hope I didn't incite any complaints towards your efforts.
I was just desperate for Quantum 8.01 For AxeFx Mark I, and it just hadn't been uploaded on your very helpful site yet.
Nope.. No worries.
Most folks believe that Al's site in France is the only repository.. My repository has been going for at least 8 yrs now. I don't promote or advertise it - other than putting a link in my sig. But it's there and has stuff you can't find elsewhere.
Feel free to access as needed.

Back
Top Bottom