Need brutal aggressive ,metal noise gate settings!

Dimebucker

Experienced
Hey

Can someone give me good ,noise gate settings for high gain presets? I don't understand yet that noise gate ,where that is best to be in chain and what settings. To get very aggressive and fast attack gate. Little bit compressor too ,would be nice. Some Pantera style gate will be nice ,when I hit strings pal mute ,sound must attack very quick and give that aggressive punch. I see few periphery presests ,those gate is very nice. Would be nice to have something like those ,gates are. If someone have good settings ,please tell me those and where I must put that gate? :D

I would probably just copy the gate settings from the Periphery presets you're talking about. Then, you can just adjust the threshold to taste.

HEy

Im new owner ,I don't know how that copy will work. Can someone write me ,how I can copy those gates settings then?

just go on axexchange and download bulb's patch. That would be the easiest way to get the gate you are after. That or just add a gate in your chain and mess with it till you like it.

HEy

Im new owner ,I don't know how that copy will work. Can someone write me ,how I can copy those gates settings then?

Pen and paper. :)

Or, if you're using Axe Edit, click on the gate block. Go to the block menu at the top. Select copy. Then go to the preset you want to insert the copied block. Select the block where you want it to be copied. Go to the block menu. Select paste. Done.

Hey

Thanks I think that pen and paper is my thing ,than Axe edit way :D Hey where I put that gate ,signal chain is left to right input put I that gate first in chain? Or is there some global place where is noise gate ,and do I need put gate first in chain and last two gates?

For heavy metal rhythm, turn up the ratio as high as it will go and make the other settings as fast as they'll go. Adjust the threshold so that no noise comes through when you're not playing anything and you're good.

This will give you a super aggressive noise gate that will completely close the instand you stop playing and will completely open the millisecond you start playing again. You won't have any dynamics this way and you won't really be able to do anything other than full intensity riffing, but it works for aggressive metal for sure.

Back
Top Bottom