Need album recommendations for long way drive

Cem

Experienced
I'm gonna head up for a 5-6 hours drive. Want to listen some new music, I want a groovy genre. Not into heavy business.

Groove-rock, groove-funk is way to go, but you never know :)

Not tiring and pleasent groovy melodies.

Hit me up!

Bringing Down the Horse, by The Wallflowers. One song in particular is 'One Headlight', love it for driving.

I can recommend 2 bands I've been listening to quite a bit lately, and they are both fronted by female vocalists. I'm usually more of a thrash metal and instrumental melodic blues/jazz/rock/metal guy. But these two have been playing quite a bit lately and both are refreshing and groovy :D

*Maragold - Greg Howe's new band
*TooMuchFiction - Unix-guy from the board.

Reactions: Cem
I can recommend 2 bands I've been listening to quite a bit lately, and they are both fronted by female vocalists. I'm usually more of a thrash metal and instrumental melodic blues/jazz/rock/metal guy. But these two have been playing quite a bit lately and both are refreshing and groovy :D

Wow! Never heard of maragold! Thanks! Putting it on!

Wow!!!

Thanks for the compliment! And to be listed next to Maragold, who I think are really good though vastly different from my band :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Definitely check out Snarky Puppy. The album We Like It Here is great... Groove-alicious modem funky fusion... You can loop that bad boy for hours!

Doyle Bramhall II & Smokestack - Welcome
Little Tybee - For Distant Viewing
Lalo Schifrin - Bullitt (Original Soundtrack) :)
Alabama Shakes - Boys & Girls
King's X - Dogman
Interstate '76 Original Game Soundtrack (band's name is "Bullmark")
The Doobie Brothers - Minute By Minute

Safe trip! :)

p.s. nothing brand new here, but perhaps new to you ;)

Peeping Tom with Mike Patton

I hear ya, but if I were to chose a Mike Patton album it would probably be California by Mr Bungle. Old music for sure. Probably the last 'analog' album he ever worked on. I don't think I could listen to 2 Patton records in a row.

They aren't new, but might be new to you. I always found the Allman Brothers to be great groovy drive music. Eat A Peach or just go with their Greatest Hits box set.

Wow!!!

Thanks for the compliment! And to be listed next to Maragold, who I think are really good though vastly different from my band :)

Anytime dude! After all, you did recommend Maragold to me. As big a fan as I am of Greg Howe, I didn't even know he had a new band. While both bands are different, they are both easy to listen too and both ladies fronting the bands have nice voices that just fit the bands vibes perfectly. Diversity in music is a great thing. If every artist sounded identical, music would not be fun anymore.

I might also recommend some of Larry Mitchell's work as well. While his album work is amazing, getting to sit and hear him play and really get into it in person is even better!

Back
Top Bottom