Need advice-Strat SC's and the XL-FW1808

Just realized-If I had to sum my issue experience discussed it this thread and was asked to describe it-short and sweet:

Sounds like my guitar is clipping. On 5,6,7,8 volume knob no noise as discussed here.

( or full volume on guitar and everything else the same, distorted clipping type noise.

Sounds like output clipping.

@Rotti
Not sure really - I use a wide variety of IR's- now mostly cab pack 10 and CK cab pack 7-Thank you - I am still working on things but much better after the 3 things I did-per advice in the thread

@TRans Never even knew that existed. Been here so long I haven't read a manual in years-Obviously time I did -Thanks

Rex

Wouldn't the axe show this? I would have thought my Tele Select with the Fender HB's would clip first. Maybe not, because all of my issues (almost complete) are definitely "high-end distortion.

Also, I keep mentioning distortion but I don't mean by design- I mean even on cleans.
But as stated I am well on my way back where I used to be.

I also don't use the VU meters and that's dumb- Tonight I am checking input imp as suggested by Trance and also trying to use the vu meters. Old dog learns new stuff

Thanks

Important for me and my issues--

is it uncommon or unheard of to have a preset that needs to be -amp level at say -25 db? I am pretty much talking about a factory preset - ex: wrecker Liverpool. Yes, no maybe?

IOW, does the actual # matter? I would guess the number is irrelevant and the sound is what matters.

It's just a number. I just dial mine in until it sits right on the VU meters.
I aim to get my base tone hitting the zero mark on the VU meter, that way I know I have plenty of headroom for kicking in drives and/or boosts etc.

Rex

Wouldn't the axe show this? I would have thought my Tele Select with the Fender HB's would clip first. Maybe not, because all of my issues (almost complete) are definitely "high-end distortion.
Yes, the Axe would indicate output clipping. But without actually hearing the problem, we're sort of shooting in the dark, with nothing but circumstances to go on. The circumstances you described could result in output clipping.

...is it uncommon or unheard of to have a preset that needs to be -amp level at say -25 db? I am pretty much talking about a factory preset - ex: wrecker Liverpool. Yes, no maybe?

IOW, does the actual # matter? I would guess the number is irrelevant and the sound is what matters.
Uncommon, but not unheard-of. May indicate excessive levels elsewhere in your chain.

OK _thanks Rex I listed the 3 things I did to fix this-earlier in thread. Lower all or some or 1: All amp block tabs-Hi res to 252 (old default), bright switch off, compensate using treble and mid (only if needed) and Bright knob in tone tab.

By adding "lowering MV (like in wreckers and tweed champ) I think I am done (he crosses his fingers)

Some only need the Hi res lowered, only. Seems to be the main thing for me, so I start there - works for me.

cliff helped me with that many years ago - it was his suggestion- for my issue anyway.

Thanks
Frank

As long as you're getting the tone you want, that's all that matters. :encouragement:

Back
Top Bottom