Need advice: music recording for a 15-year-old girl

Dpoirier

Fractal Fanatic
I have no idea what the teenagers listen to these days, and I realize it's broad and varied... but if it can help, she *loves* Ed Sheeran (already has X) and is really into Daughter (already has some, not sure which). She's incredibly evolved for her age (when I took her to a bookstore, she picked a book on the social aspects of native american discrimination in north-american culture, I kid you not).

Given these specific musical tastes, any suggestions that are "probable big wins"? I don't want to ask her, she's not expecting me to have a xmas gift for her.

Thanks!

First, I think you meant Daughtry. What are you asking, for more music in that genre? Type either of those names into iTunes and it'll give you a thousand suggestions. "People who bought X also bought Y". Best advice you're going to get here. Who knows what's in the mind of a 15 year old girl?

I have no idea what the teenagers listen to these days, and I realize it's broad and varied... but if it can help, she *loves* Ed Sheeran (already has X) and is really into Daughter (already has some, not sure which). She's incredibly evolved for her age (when I took her to a bookstore, she picked a book on the social aspects of native american discrimination in north-american culture, I kid you not).

Given these specific musical tastes, any suggestions that are "probable big wins"? I don't want to ask her, she's not expecting me to have a xmas gift for her.

Thanks!

Well... The first Ed Sheeran album + is really good, too!

She might also enjoy the first few John Mayer albums.

Colbie Caillat, Sara Bareilles, Bruno Mars...

I support the Sonic Highways suggestion. Nothing better than guiding someone into good old-fashioned Rock'n'Roll like Dave using fucking fucks way too fucking much. Fuck. ;)

On a more serious note:
How about some cool female fronted punk for a teenage girl? Guano Apes or Halestorm come to mind. The latter actually also delivers some nice ballads and Singer/Songwriter-esque pieces on their album, so you get that Ed Sheeran vibe covered aswell.

EDIT: Uhh, didn't know that the Apes are Fractal powered...

Last edited:
:
How about some cool female fronted punk for a teenage girl? Guano Apes or Halestorm come to mind. The latter actually also delivers some nice ballads and Singer/Songwriter-esque pieces on their album, so you get that Ed Sheeran vibe covered aswell.

EDIT: Uhh, didn't know that the Apes are Fractal powered...

The Distillers made a great album before they broke up called Coral Fang. Just hope your teenager doesn't start smoking to try get Brody Dalle's voice!

Misread the thread title, and my first thought was, "Doing what? Maybe you'll need some legal advice?"

Misread the thread title, and my first thought was, "Doing what? Maybe you'll need some legal advice?"
Lol, now that you say it, the thread title IS kind of suggestive...

The Distillers made a great album before they broke up called Coral Fang. Just hope your teenager doesn't start smoking to try get Brody Dalle's voice!
If she's 15 and hasn't started smoking yet, chances are she won't anyway. ;)

10 is the new 15. Or something.

Back
Top Bottom