Need a refret on my Ibby Jem, suggestions?

Tahoebrian5

Fractal Fanatic
My frets are toast. I live in Reno, NV and don’t know of any good luthiers locally. The last time I took a guitar to a local guy was not impressed at all.

Anyone have any suggestions of someone really good I can send the neck to?

I really like the ball end fret treatment on my J custom and hoping someone can do something like that on the jem.

My frets are toast. I live in Reno, NV and don’t know of any good luthiers locally. The last time I took a guitar to a local guy was not impressed at all.

Anyone have any suggestions of someone really good I can send the neck to?

I really like the ball end fret treatment on my J custom and hoping someone can do something like that on the jem.

In the past I have used Chicago fret works (Steve) or straight frets in Austin (Danny). Both do very good work and straight frets has a plek machine if you want to give that a try.

If you have the time, you might consider doing it yourself. I got a shitty epi years ago and used it as my mule for learning various techniques ( fretting/nut/refinish). There’s plenty of resources out there to learn how... it just takes a little practice but it’s not difficult in most cases. Lacquered strats are a pain though.

Back
Top Bottom