need a recommendation for two 1x12 cabs

randombastage

Experienced
I'm looking to buy or put together 2 1x12 cabs to use with my AxeFx Ultra and Rocktron Velocity 300 power amp.
Right now I have a 2x12 closed back pine slant cab with a V-30 and G12T-75 combination in it so I'd like to get something with different characteristics so I can have more choices.
In theory I'd have three different flavor cabs after these two new ones are purchased.

So will you give me some advice on what you would pick and why?
The wattage should end up around 60 to 75 per cab and 16 ohms would be helpful in case I want to combine the two 1x12's to use them as one half of a stereo set up using the 2x12 on the other side or just use the two 1x12's as a stereo set up.

Thanks!
Craig

Last edited:
I'm looking to buy or put together 2 1x12 cabs to use with my AxeFx Ultra and Rocktron Velocity 300 power amp.
Right now I have a 2x12 closed back pine slant cab with a V-30 and GH T-75 combination in it so I'd like to get something with different characteristics so I can have more choices.
In theory I'd have three different flavor cabs after these two new ones are purchased.

So will you give me some advice on what you would pick and why?
The wattage should end up around 60 to 75 per cab and 16 ohms would be helpful in case I want to combine the two 1x12's to use them as one half of a stereo set up using the 2x12 on the other side or just use the two 1x12's as a stereo set up.

Thanks!
Craig

The Bogner 112 cubes get great reviews you could also look at the Mesa Boogie Thiele cabs but they do weigh a ton. If those are to pricy for your budget I would look at Avatar. They make some really good cabs for the money.

Def get the Bogners. I've had mine for 8 years. To my ears they sound about 10% better than Mesa's. Never heard anything better. Every gig I play, people ask me where I got them and how much they are.

Now you guys have me really interested in the Port City 1x12 os!! You play your Axe-Fx's through them I'm assuming. What poweramps are you using? What speakers do you have in the Port City's? I want to get the best pair of 1x12's I can to save space in my house!!! Bogner Cubes, Boogie Thiele, or Port City?

i have a jensen jet tornado in my port city wave os 1x12 and it sounds fantastic. i'm using my axe fx in front of my port city pearl amp for effects only (i don't use the amp or cab sims). one of my friends has a pair of port city wave os 1x12's loaded with V30's and it just sounds MASSIVE! he uses the axe fx (with amp sims- no cab sims) thru the VHT 2:50:2 power amp. he went from using a pair of the mesa boogie thiele cabs and couldn't be happier.

Back
Top Bottom