Need a recommendation for repair-person in Boston area

MikeEmery

Hi: just bought a used AXE FX II. Love it. Unfortunately the ethernet jack on the unit is broken (it won't lock in - works fine if you hold it in with one hand :)). I assume someone just yanked the cord out at one time and broke the toking mechanism and that this is a simple replacement of the jack.

Id rather not ship it anywhere. I am in MetroWest area of Boston and was hoping to find a local person/place I could bring it too.

Thanks for any recommendations.

Mike

Hi try to ask in the center for good level pc repair repair modems and similes,
You can order replacement g66 assistance and get you repaired ... or consult fractal assistance if they know where to send you

Hi try to ask in the center for good level pc repair repair modems and similes,
You can order replacement g66 assistance and get you repaired ... or consult fractal assistance if they know where to send you
Why would someone order replacement parts from the euro distributor if they're in Boston?

If you get the part from Fractal, any alarm or phone installer can fix it for you. They have the tools to crimp those connectors.

Most definitely don't let a phone installer touch this...Call Fractal and see if you can drop it off there for sure.

If you don't want to bring it to Fractal or if their repair time is too long, then I can probably help you and get it done in the same day. I'm in Nashua NH and own an electronics manufacturing facility. We're Mil-spec and NASA certified for soldering so no worries with working with pwb's. Assuming you have a mark 1 (not using the ethercon style connector), I have some Amp P/N 555162-1 in house (and probably a few others), but I would need to know the mfg/part number fractal uses to see if it will fit their motherboard and chassis layout. As far as it being a simple replacement, ya its simple if you know what your doing, but so is a BGA processor replacement, if you know what your doing... PWB would need to be removed from the chassis, battery removed (backup everything with fractal bot first!), de-moisturize the pwb, remove part, clear the plated thru holes, clean/dry, inspect, install and solder new part, clean/dry, inspect, install battery and reassemble...simple, bet there are few steps in there that many would miss. I would use tin/lead solder vs RoHS compliant solder to reduce the soldering temperatures used for the rework. Cleaning would be done with high purity DI water only, no chemicals added. PM me if you would like my assistance.

Back
Top Bottom